A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

40 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Not exactly. 

Any and everybody who has any interest at all in this story already knows exactly how those people are going to respond.

It's like in politics. If you want to bring something into question about what the president has possibly done would you bother asking the VP or his press secretary? No, everybody already knows they are going to fall along company lines.

Im a little confused by the distinction here.

The side presented in the article isn't inherently more honest than the side ignored. An agenda exists for both sides. Only one was collected and presented.

Just now, n8ghee said:

lol. thats reading so far in between the lines slanted against rodgers.

you must love political news article websites CNN.Com and Breitbart.com

How else do you read that?

He says he felt the team "needed to go through" Adams. Wouldn't the easiest thing to do, by far, then be to just go to Aaron and just say that? Why else would he have made the "really tough decison" to cut Jordy? If you take Gute at his word for the reason he cut Jordy the only logical way you can take that is "I wanted the offense to go through Adams and I couldn't trust Rodgers to do that with Jordy on the team."

Just now, wgbeethree said:

He says he felt the team "needed to go through" Adams. Wouldn't the easiest thing to do, by far, then be to just go to Aaron and just say that? Why else would he have made the "really tough decison" to cut Jordy? If you take Gute at his word for the reason he cut Jordy the only logical way you can take that is "I wanted the offense to go through Adams and I couldn't trust Rodgers to do that with Jordy on the team."

If the offense isn't going to go through your 8 figure per year WR, why keep him? We wouldn't have cut Jordy if his cap hit was 5m. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I read it as a pure money thing. If the offense isn't going to go through Jordy why pay him $11million?

We allegedly made a low-ball offer. If it wasn't a money thing (and Gute wanted him off the team), why make any offer at all?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Im a little confused by the distinction here.

The side presented in the article isn't inherently more honest than the side ignored. An agenda exists for both sides. Only one was collected and presented.

This isn't breaking news those. These are not "new" rumors. It's IMO him saying there's been ongoing rumors for nearly a decade now of this and here's a recap of the things that have already been said from the guys who said it.  

10 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

This isn't breaking news those. These are not "new" rumors. It's IMO him saying there's been ongoing rumors for nearly a decade now of this and here's a recap of the things that have already been said from the guys who said it.  

Sure, I agree completely. It wasn't any real revealing journalism. More like an anthology of scorned folks left in the wake :)

I think the larger point was that it wasn't particularly redeeming journalism. There was nothing difficult or conflicting for the author to create this.

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You and I are saying the same thing, yet you are trying to disagree with me. He wrote the article he wrote to exaggerate the drama to get coverage, no one would want to read it if he looked at it from both perspectives. As a Packers fan I'm not going to lose my mind about the content because the intent of the article was determined before the first word was typed.

Exactly.  This whole article was nothing new.  It was rehashed stuff dramatized.  It features the Beoch Brothers (Jennings and Finley) and anonymous  sources.

It's the only thing keeping Jennings and Finley relevant: the lead cheerleaders of the Anti-Aaron contingent.  I'm sure Skip the Dip will chime in tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Thank you. I don’t know the guy but Jennings really doesn’t seem like a fun guy to chill with

It seems Rodgers is drawn to authenticity.

Jordy seems about as authentic as it gets. I would definitely buy that about Cobb too. 

Jennings on the other hand just comes off a little vapid.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jordy seems about as authentic as it gets. I would definitely buy that about Cobb too. 

Don't forget James Jones, who is a genuinely cool dude and seems to have a great relationship with Rodgers.

14 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Thank you. I don’t know the guy but Jennings really doesn’t seem like a fun guy to chill with

Jennings was a really good, down to earth dude. My uncle's business used to cater his charity golf outing in Waukesha. I had a couple 15+ minute conversations with him during those years. He and his wife were good people for sure and definitely loved amongst those 2009-2013 teams. Not garnering interest in that contract year definitely changed his viewpoint on GB, that's for sure.

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Everything with Jennings is post GB. Rodgers is a sensitive grudge holder and Greg opened his mouth upon exiting GB where those others didn't. Those two were tight as teammates. Greg is a rural Michigan guy, hard to be anything but an authentic Midwestern-er with that upbringing.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Everything with Jennings is post GB. Rodgers is a sensitive grudge holder and Greg opened his mouth upon exiting GB where those others didn't. Those two were tight as teammates. Greg is a rural Michigan guy, hard to be anything but an authentic Midwestern-er with that upbringing.

I could buy that all of Jennings whinings are because he desperately wants Aaron's approval yet.