A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

8 minutes ago, Donzo said:

0% chance LaFleur read that nonsense.

Oh, he read it.  But there is NOTHING new here.  It is old news.  I'm sure MLF did his due diligence just like the Packers did.

MLF probably just wanted Murphy's backing if he has to set ARod down for a half to get his attention.  There is NOTHING new here.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What could we get if we traded Rodgers now and how much would it hurt our cap and who is the next great QB prospect and when does he enter the draft?

That ship has sailed Outpost.  If they wanted to go that direction last year before the contract would have been the time.  Think earliest we could trade him is in a couple of years and then Aaron will be 37 and not worth very much in trade.  Can't do it because of the cap hit now.  Best we can hope is Aaron is pissed off and rededicates himself to winning and plays within the new offense.  Maybe just maybe MM was the problem.  Guess we'll find out this year.  Had such high hopes for last year still can't believe the way it went down. 

• Like 1

The piece was definitely exaggerated to get more clicks. Dunne interviewed people that have already criticized Rodgers in the past. If he had interviewed someone like Julius Peppers he'd get very different responses. He can't use that for this sort of piece. 

I don't care what Jermichael Finley thinks. He's a blabbering moron who made mental mistakes all the time and thinks he's better than he really is. The man really complained once about the QB wanting receivers to run the right routes.  Go away, Finley

Greg Jennings routinely gets on those Fox Sports programs like Undisputed and Colin Cowherd's ****ty show to spew BS about Rodgers. He's clearly hurt and can't get over it, and uses it to make provocative and controversial statements about his former QB to remain relevant. Did nothing notable as a player when he left GB, I wonder why? 

Everything about Rodgers is stuff we already know about him. I actually liked the analogy to MJ/Kobe. That's always been his personality. He's going to rub people the wrong way, and demand the most. And why the hell shouldn't he? We're talking about arguably the greatest talent to ever play the position. Of course he's going to be pissed that his career has been wasted by a buffoon coach.

Michael Jordan punched his own teammates and screamed at his coaches, but because he won 6 championships he's called a "killer" and his personality is never the topic of conversation. Kobe won 5 ships with the same sort of ultra competitive ruthless my way or the highway personality. Both are lauded for their competitive fire. As a result, a contemporary like LeBron James, seemingly more passive, is compared to ad nauseam and deemed to have an unfit personality. Meanwhile, Rodgers is compared to Tom Brady, who is allegedly the gold standard for leadership. Sports narratives are wack, man. 

It's no surprise that this article comes out in the midst of the worst season the Packers have had in years. That's the perfect time to come out with this sort of scathing bloodbath of opinions. 

What I did appreciate about the article is the evisceration of Mike McCarthy. It was music to my ears. The fact that there are still people in this forum that call that guy an elite coach is astounding. 

I'm putting a bet down on Rodgers to win MVP. If he and the team don't have a ton of success, it's an indictment on him. Rodgers knows it. McCarthy knows it. This is the most pressure he's ever faced in his career; he's got a multitude of reasons to want to ball out. As previously mentioned, I support the analogy of Rodgers to MJ/Kobe. Those guys would respond to this sort of adversity, and I believe Rodgers will put the league back on notice. 

11 minutes ago, persiandud said:

What I did appreciate about the article is the evisceration of Mike McCarthy. It was music to my ears. The fact that there are still people in this forum that call that guy an elite coach is astounding. 

Mike comes out looking as good as anyone if you ask me. All that **** reads like fantasy unless you already hated his guts. I'm sure there's some truth in there but overall I can't buy the whole Mike stuff. I mean I think it's all crap though lol

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Everything with Jennings is post GB. Rodgers is a sensitive grudge holder and Greg opened his mouth upon exiting GB where those others didn't. Those two were tight as teammates. Greg is a rural Michigan guy, hard to be anything but an authentic Midwestern-er with that upbringing.

that may be, but Jennings and Finley sure come off as the sensitive grudge holders/ attention getters talking about this through the media.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Mike comes out looking as good as anyone if you ask me. All that **** reads like fantasy unless you already hated his guts. I'm sure there's some truth in there but overall I can't buy the whole Mike stuff. I mean I think it's all crap though lol

I think a lot of the stuff about Mike is true, but as you said I have my own preconceived notions. 

Whatever. Bring on the draft 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I sure never read anything about that. Care to share or just conjecture?

Sure... I’ll have to search the Internet but it came out with Jennings first comments. I believe he was the one that famously said that to be a good leader he should take blame for the WRs screwing up at times. Having their backs. But yeah I’ll try and find it. Maybe I’m wrong.

here you go: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000230132/article/donald-driver-sheds-light-on-aaron-rodgers-leadership%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3bteam%3Dgb%3bconf%3Dnfc%3bdvsn%3Dncn%3bplyr%3Dedwin_smith%3bplyr%3Daaron_rodgers&p.ct=Around%2bthe%2bNFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

Edited by Green19