A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

This article was way too LONG, and pretty much a sucky read all-around.  It basically paints anyone and everyone as a booger-eating moron.  About the only thing that resonated hard with me is that GB definitely should have more titles from the era in question, and blame can be spread all over the freaking place.

Honestly, I’m glad it’s over - or at least I hope it is!  Maybe lessons will be learned from all of the past dysfunction, and regardless of whether you buy all, part, or none of this story, there was definitely plenty of unabated dysfunction.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

This article was way too LONG, and pretty much a sucky read all-around.  It basically paints anyone and everyone as a booger-eating moron.  About the only thing that resonated hard with me is that GB definitely should have more titles from the era in question, and blame can be spread all over the freaking place.

Honestly, I’m glad it’s over - or at least I hope it is!  Maybe lessons will be learned from all of the past dysfunction, and regardless of whether you buy all, part, or none of this story, there was definitely plenty of unabated dysfunction.

Definitely needed some editing. Took me a few work breaks to get through it all.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Definitely needed some editing. Took me a few work breaks to get through it all.

Yep!  Started reading it at work, got major heartburn, shut it off, and suffered through till the end just a bit ago.  All of it pi$$es me off, frankly, but I’m glad you posted it.  Thank you.

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is too dramatic to be real.

*Office, day, Mark Murphy talks over the phone*

"Don't be the problem"

*tense music as he repeats*

"Don't be the problem"

*cut to closeup of Rodgers face, jaw clenched, eyes watery*

*fade to black*

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Can’t imagine what went through LaFleur’s mind as he read this article today!  :o

R-E-L-A-X

All part of the plan to get Rodgers head out of his rearward oriface.

Honestly, I think LaFleur can right this ship. He has as level a head as anyone in football. Rodgers I think can take to coaching still. He hasn't had one for a few years. Still has the best tools in the game. This is going to be an offense heavy draft. It won't be about Rodgers pulling out the Packers with his magic arm. Expect a couple weapons and a couple Oline. Hope they move down and restock. Screw the damn edge. Need to get Rodgers some help or he's off to the cuckoo farm.

Regardless, makes for an even more interesting off season and camp. It's just a game. Making it a lottery, the ruin was inevitable. Not the days of Star and Lombardi, even Favre.

11 hours ago, Scoremore said:

That would certainly light a fire under him.  Still say ship #30 to the Cards and get Rosen.  Ship #12 to Pitt for #20 and #52 and we won't be out too much.  Aaron goes down maybe the season isn't lost.  

I think you two missed where the reported problems started lol. It started with McCarthy thinking Smith was better, we dont need that, we need them to be a team.

10 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Most of what's in article is true but exaggerated. Some real bad blood on the party that went to Cleveland. And there were many with names, just not the FO guys that left.

I think LaFleur is going to be great myself. Gute had a great draft last year. The FAs seem like very good pick ups and guys they knew really well. Rodgers can use some real heat and that might get him to get in line.

A good draft of great locker room guys and everyone forgets this in preseason.

I was thinking the Cleveland guys as some of the unnamed sources too. But I wonder who the source could have been that said Murphy told Rodgers not to be the problem regarding LaFleur???

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Burnett42 said:

I was thinking the Cleveland guys as some of the unnamed sources too. But I wonder who the source could have been that said Murphy told Rodgers not to be the problem regarding LaFleur???

If it's Rodgers, ...... big trouble. Who else though?