A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

This is a very sad commentary on the Packers. I'm shocked that Green Bay won any games last year. Between losing talent, scheme, and dysfunction, it's a wonder there wasn't a blow-up in the locker room. I know Rodgers will go into the HOF, but he will also be one of those QBs that never played up to his potential esp. during the playoffs. I always blamed it on MM....now I think AR gets a lot more blame.

I think it fills in details where we mostly already know the story on Rodgers. He's cocky/arrogant, abrasive in a way that makes him difficult to work with to at least some of his teammmates, and got in a power struggle with McCarthy. The information in the article on him was interesting to me but doesn't really move the needle too much on my opinion of him. The McCarthy info on the other hand really paints a new picture of him to me, and one that makes me feel as much pity as anything toward the man. He clearly was just burnt out and should have resigned after 2015 or 2016 imo. For everyone's benefit, including himself.

I still have optimism that the new coaching staff can take Rodger/the team in a positive direction again. I like Gute's approach–if not his results so far–and I'd like to see how this all plays out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Same stuff we already knew. Murphy sucks, Thompson sucks, McCarthy sucked even more and Capers sucked the worst.

Now Rodgers sucks some as well.

Devils advocate. Did they only really suck the past few seasons (and injuries played a major role) and is it possible it turns out Murphy make the correct call in the power grab to right the ship?

lets not dismiss the success these guys and in their run. Most every other team in the league would take it over the past decade or so.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is too dramatic to be real.

But given the characters involved it doesn’t seem unrealistic at all. Like nothing seems too cartoony. Like I can totally understand everyone if you put yourself in their shoes. Like I’d be getting massages too if I had to deal with that daily. And I would be sabotaging our offense if my boss was checking out. It’s crazy.

Edited by Green19