***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

I like the theory that they go back in time ala Endgame to undo the effects of The Last Jedi.

Thats Darth Vader in the speeder that Rey flips over.

I can in here to post that you can hear his breathing in the new clip.

I'm also wondering if there's a time jump. Some people speculating based on the timeline unveiled at D23. It doesn't end with this movie and has 13 more years added at the end.

ECuhbN5X4AIdq4y?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

Hoping that they do something interesting with evil Rey snippet. If it's just a vision or something lame like that then I'll be disappointed. 

it probably is.

visions and dreams are a lame way to show imagery and cool stuff in the trailor

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm also wondering if there's a time jump. Some people speculating based on the timeline unveiled at D23.

I mean, the increments count out to be exact for the time between RoTJ and TFA. It's probably fairly accurate, which means there is a year jump. 

The different realms theory has been done in the EU with Beyond Shadows/Abeloth (tied to the Ones from the Clone Wars TV show, which is canon) and in the current canon that has something to do with the Rebels show.......but I'll admit to not being currently up on it.  

I'm really curious if go the route of Abeloth.  She could overpower and inhabit the bodies of anyone and feed off their power.  She defeated a powerful Sith Lord and broke his will, and it took Luke Skywalker and Darth Krayt fighting almost to the end to banish her.  The Force entity of Abeloth would be able to call out to Sidious from the Unknown Regions, and she also aged the bodies of those she inhabited, which could explain the age and damage down to Snoke's body.  

If it's not Abeloth in name, and could be a similar style character.  Or they go the route of Sidious being able to use essence transfer and trying to find a new body.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is going to be one weird-*** disjointed movie.

Please dear God no timetravel. 

It would just seem really out of place in a Star Wars movie...I get that the precedence is there given what happened in Rebels, but I don't know...just doesn't seem appropriate.

2 hours ago, D82 said:

It would just seem really out of place in a Star Wars movie...I get that the precedence is there given what happened in Rebels, but I don't know...just doesn't seem appropriate.

I'd be shocked if a cartoon influenced the feature film. 

Sorry to the cartoon fans. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

It'd be so weird if the 2 biggest movies of the year both involved time travel. I can't imagine Disney, Abrams, etc. would be okay with all the backlash, especially with Disney owning both.

I would be surprised if this was the 2nd biggest movie of the year.