***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It'd be so weird if the 2 biggest movies of the year both involved time travel. I can't imagine Disney, Abrams, etc. would be okay with all the backlash, especially with Disney owning both.

they cant go forward. its a dead end.

go back in time and then the next trilogy will be the Knights of the Old Republic

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

How about when she is with Luke and she doesnt hesitate to follow the dark or whatever it is?

Hard for me to get there on that one, when Luke and Anikan also had temptations by the Dark Side and weren't clones. I would imagine most jedi's face the temptation of the darkside at one point.

Either that or I was supposed to put way more stock into that incoherent vision scene than I think anybody could realistically read into it. 

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

also, Rey isnt going dark. its an obvious vision.

Rey is the protogonist, and Disney isnt going to just heel turn her like that, even for a moment.

the temptation will be there, and symbolized in forcr visiond, but she will not turn

Or the scene is just a planted red herring and isn't remotely connected to the actual movie.  I forget the scene, but one of the scenes in Endgame trailer was like that, used to throw people off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Didn't they time jump in one of Abrams' Star Treks?

I might be mis-remembering but people would lose their minds if he did that in SW too lol.

Yes, but that was a little different.  A group from the future went back in time, which reset the whole Star Trek timeline.  There was no going back, so not the usual time travel.  It was very well done, compared to pretty much every other time travel movie.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hard for me to get there on that one, when Luke and Anikan also had temptations by the Dark Side and weren't clones. I would imagine most jedi's face the temptation of the darkside at one point.

Either that or I was supposed to put way more stock into that incoherent vision scene than I think anybody could realistically read into it. 

How about when she does abide the dark place and goes in and just sees infinite copies of herself and it doesnt scare her like somehow it seems normal?

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

How about when she is with Luke and she doesnt hesitate to follow the dark or whatever it is?

Luke goes into the dark side cave on Dagobah despite Yoda's warnings.  It's a plot device for them to confront the darkness, or their other side.  In this case, Luke being Vader's son.  In the case of Rey, well, that has yet to be determined.  They screwed up the second movie and completely ignored the plot devices left from the first movie, so Abrams is going to have to shoehorn everything into this one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

How about when she does abide the dark place and goes in and just sees infinite copies of herself and it doesnt scare her like somehow it seems normal?

but that was from The Last Rion Johnson Movie.

JJ Abrams is gonna retcon that to a large degree.

• Like 2