***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

Nothing will ever top the marketing campaign for The Force Awakens, but that was a solid trailer.

I don't remember if I've posted this already, but I'm going to bring it up anyways. This saga was always supposed to be the story of Anakin Skywalker, so it will be horribly disappointing if Anakin is not involved in the climax of this movie that ends the saga. If Anakin doesn't show up in any capacity to confront Palpatine, then I'll be frustrated as hell.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Nothing will ever top the marketing campaign for The Force Awakens, but that was a solid trailer.

I don't remember if I've posted this already, but I'm going to bring it up anyways. This saga was always supposed to be the story of Anakin Skywalker, so it will be horribly disappointing if Anakin is not involved in the climax of this movie that ends the saga. If Anakin doesn't show up in any capacity to confront Palpatine, then I'll be frustrated as hell.

We literally watched him die on screen

11 minutes ago, Tyty said:

We literally watched him die on screen

Okay? He can't show up as a force ghost? As Palpatine projecting him onto Ben? As a guide to Rey in how to overcome Palpatine?

Plenty of ways for Anakin to show up without literally coming back from the dead. The movies, shows, and comics have all shown that.

Edited by seminoles1

35 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

bcuz it did happen and it was actually pretty good.  I’m definitely happy that Abrams is back though.  TFA was outstanding imo.  

TFA was solid, but felt recycled.

TLJ was a disaster.  AotC is the only one worse IMO.

This looks decent, but I thought the trailer for TLJ was fine too, so we will see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

TFA was solid, but felt recycled.

TLJ was a disaster.  AotC is the only one worse IMO.

This looks decent, but I thought the trailer for TLJ was fine too, so we will see.

I’m sure everyone who hated the last 2 will find a way to hate this one too.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

bcuz it did happen and it was actually pretty good.  I’m definitely happy that Abrams is back though.  TFA was outstanding imo.  

In a vacuum, it's actually a decent movie.  But it felt like it was downloadable content for The Force Awakens.  It's not really a story that stood on it's own to me.  I did like The Force Awakens, much more than a lot of people.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And Im sure the apologists for TLJ will find excuses for this one too.

why are they apologists for liking a movie you didnt? I know I have said this before, but TLJ is objectively a good movie, just not a good Star Wars movie. 

• Like 4

Funny how you didnt have an issue with him suggesting that anyone who doesnt like this trilogy are just haters.   My comment was more meant to point out the hypocrisy of generalizing.

TLJ was bad IMO, Star Wars or no.  To each their own, I guess.