Criminal Minds Mafia - Town Wins

Dome

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

No lynch D1 is only viable in a game with a unique win condition that has nothing to do with lynching scum, a game where the big bads cannot be killed via lynch, and where there's an imposed time limit that town needs to reach to win

Wouldn’t a non aligned scum have just as much of a chance as Killing another scum night 1 and making our jobs that much easier, or am I wrong here?

Just now, Whicker said:

This game is different from the one you played as the newbie game.

That was a completely open setup with no extra kills. The players were able to determine that there'd be exactly one mafia night kill and one lynch each day, meaning it would stay an odd number.

So basically since we know that there are at least 4 and don’t know the kill limitations (cool of period or not for example) it’s pointless to consider odd/even then, right?

Just now, Whicker said:

This game is a closed set up with a bunch of killers. Odd/even does nothing for town because we have no idea how the NKs will affect our numbers.

Yeah I guess that makes sense

Just now, Whicker said:

Also, FWIW, I think no lynching day 1 is almost always a bad play and I wouldn't have recommended it in that first game you played, either.

A mislynch on D1 is basically meaningless unless we hit a super big power role which should claim at that point anyway.

So basically if we were going to hit the sheriff/revive/whatever civ power that person should hard claim at that point and we’d move on to someone else? Makes sense.

Just now, Whicker said:

Town's numbers don't affect the win condition, and a town lynch could help expose scum

Gotcha

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

So basically since we know that there are at least 4 and don’t know the kill limitations (cool of period or not for example) it’s pointless to consider odd/even then, right?

Yeah I guess that makes sense

So basically if we were going to hit the sheriff/revive/whatever civ power that person should hard claim at that point and we’d move on to someone else? Makes sense.

Gotcha

Right. Don't consider odd/even.

Yeah, if we run up an important civ power on D1 they should claim and we'll move on. Then hopefully protector/watcher/paranoia will keep them alive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Wouldn’t a non aligned scum have just as much of a chance as Killing another scum night 1 and making our jobs that much easier, or am I wrong here?

Sure, but that's not how town is going to achieve its win condition. Town still has to kill the SKs in order to win, and the lynch is the only known way at this point for town to kill someone. The SKs can kill each other but that's likely not their goal (aka not aiming for other scum) and the final one has to be lynched even in an ideal scenario.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Right. Don't consider odd/even.

Yeah, if we run up an important civ power on D1 they should claim and we'll move on. Then hopefully protector/watcher/paranoia will keep them alive.

Though admittedly,  the latter is tricky for people who don't claim lol. 

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

@Forge gets one vote and is paranoid he is already going to be lynched. 

How did he play last game?

he seemed pretty nervous in my game when anybody even brought up his name.

lol. I never get nervous in these things...they aren't that serious.  And I'm certainly not paranoid, and none of my posts after your first post would suggest that I am in their tone.   I do find it odd that your first post at the start of the game was to lynch someone. You just lobbed a random grenade out there. Very scum like to me. Very Malfian to be honest. Now you're trying to create a narrative and fake a foundation for the initial vote. "he seems nervous and paranoid". Except that I'm not. I simply wanted to know why you were lobbing out lynch votes in your very first post. Followed that up with conversation with Pickle because he didn't understand what I was saying. This is extremely malf like in my opinion. 

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that you are scum in this game based on what you're trying to do here. 

I didn’t lob, I purposely placed a vote to find a reaction. You jumped on and became defensive of yourself because that first vote got put on your name. That first indication doesn’t mean anything, can be town, or scum, but now you’re turning into the repeater. It’s very common for scum to repeat what they say, multiple times to drive home a point.

were you nervous more people were just going to follow my vote and you are innocent town? Or just nervous because you were the first vote and you think I actually found scum that fast?

FWIW, Gopher, what you're doing is actually exactly what Malf did in your game when he was scum. He pressed me as a lynch. When I defended myself, he then basically turned it into "victim blaming" by trying to insinuate that defending yourself was doing something wrong. I think this is largely to turn over the subject and get away from it and just leave the negative connotations of the person he accused out there for the public.  You're doing almost a carbon copy of it. I didn't even defend myself in this one, I simply cracked a joke and then said that I found what you did to be a scum move.  Now you're trying to suggest I did something wrong or suspect and keep the focus on me with an imaginary correlation that doesn't exist. It's really exactly what Malf did two games ago. 

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I didn’t lob, I purposely placed a vote to find a reaction. You jumped on and became defensive of yourself because that first vote got put on your name. That first indication doesn’t mean anything, can be town, or scum, but now you’re turning into the repeater. It’s very common for scum to repeat what they say, multiple times to drive home a point.

were you nervous more people were just going to follow my vote and you are innocent town? Or just nervous because you were the first vote and you think I actually found scum that fast?

Nope. I think you're scum. Actually debating whether or not to lock in my vote this early, which is insane. That's how likely it is that I think you are scum right now. I've just seen this song and dance from others. 

Not nervous at all. I will defend myself (and again, didn't even defend myself here, simply cracked a joke and pondered why you made that initial move...if anything, I kind of feel like you're the one blowing this up). Town tends to play awful from the two games I have played. If they lynched me, it wouldn't really be that surprising lol. 

Just now, squire12 said:

This seems fake as hell.  At least give the man the respect he deserves and capitalize his title and name.....Sheriff Dome

I also feel like there's a "I shot the Sheriff, but did not shoot the deputy" joke to be made at some point.