Criminal Minds Mafia - Town Wins

Dome

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Forge, you red text again already?

Well, I did kill Dome, but in fairness, completely justifiable. The guy kept singing off key backstreet boys songs, and he took the last banana nut muffin in the break room. So I was in the right. 

But other than that, I'm so green I pee spinach, baby. 

On 4/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Dome said:

Fun Fact!" Reid said "It looks like the entire town uses alliteration when naming their kids. Just like JJ's parents! Listen to the most recent victims, you'll see what I mean... Phillip Phallon - Male, Shot, Caci Carver - Female, Stabbed, Lonnie Lundberg's house blew up, it took them 24 hours to identify his body, Gregory Gerdwich was set on fire in his back yard. He was alive for nearly 2 minutes after the fire started according to his neighbors."

So it sounds like there are 4 killers for now.  Each with different MO's that will help to identify their body counts.  

1 shoots his victims

1 stabs his victims 

1 blows up his victims 

1 sets his victims on fire 

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Not sure I'm following your logic here 

If you're scum, and have scum chat knowing who all of the scum are, you can go in hard and just start throwing votes at anyone else. Also possible that in a SK game, there is no scum chat, and you can just throw random votes out there...but either way, the move strikes me as very scum like. Seems like a really scummy type play to basically make your first post since the game has started a vote to lynch somebody. So now I've got to stare Gopher down with my Justin Timberlake stare, though I suppose I should probably keep with the theme of the game and keep the gifs criminal minds related, so it's probably more like this: 

tumblr_inline_oq3wxf9oHc1slyj5q_540.gif

On 4/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Dome said:

Gideon spoke but didn't look up from his chess board, "That doesn't mean these Unsubs are working together. They're smart enough to use each other as cover to commit their crimes without anyone knowing any better, even the other Unsubs. Right now I think we need to treat them all as individual killers."

"If they're not working together, do you think they'd turn each other in? You'd think they want to know who they're competing with and they might figure it out before we do" said Elle.

"It's possible, but we can't rely on that. In a town of 50 people, they'll know we're here the moment we arrive. They might become unpredictable. JJ can you start working on a Press Release? Tell them we're here to hunt a serial killer. Just one. Garcia, there's only 50 people here, get me info on as many of them as you can. Look for any and all criminal records, even minor violations."

----------

"This is the only time we'll work together, we promise. Fair is fair." Said one of the masked intruders "But we wanted to see Special Agent Gideon with our own eyes." 

Based on these portions of the OP, it seems like the killers dont know who each other are and the only time they would work together was to kill Dome.  I think that would mean they are not in a chatty and dont know who each other are.   @Forge

Also, if we are posting criminal minds gifs here is something that may help you.....

tenor.gif

19 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Based on these portions of the OP, it seems like the killers dont know who each other are and the only time they would work together was to kill Dome.  I think that would mean they are not in a chatty and dont know who each other are.   @Forge

Also, if we are posting criminal minds gifs here is something that may help you.....

tenor.gif

You would think that, but you don't know that, and I'm not going to discount that they have a chatty going on. And even if there isn't a chatty, still strikes me as a very scum like thing to do.

Interesting that you seem to be jumping all over me to deflect from Gopher though. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

@Whicker thoughts?

No lynch D1 is only viable in a game with a unique win condition that has nothing to do with lynching scum, a game where the big bads cannot be killed via lynch, and where there's an imposed time limit that town needs to reach to win

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Doesn’t an odd number play to town advantage? Maybe I’m wrong. Sorry, full disclosure this is still only my third game. Wouldn’t a mislynch night 1 be bad for us???

This game is different from the one you played as the newbie game.

That was a completely open setup with no extra kills. The players were able to determine that there'd be exactly one mafia night kill and one lynch each day, meaning it would stay an odd number.

This game is a closed set up with a bunch of killers. Odd/even does nothing for town because we have no idea how the NKs will affect our numbers.

Also, FWIW, I think no lynching day 1 is almost always a bad play and I wouldn't have recommended it in that first game you played, either.

A mislynch on D1 is basically meaningless unless we hit a super big power role which should claim at that point anyway. Town's numbers don't affect the win condition, and a town lynch could help expose scum

• Like 1