Carson Wentz... or this haul?

mistakey

Carson Wentz... or this haul?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have

• Carson Wentz
    • This haul

4 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

The Patriots before 2001 had very limited success.  Probably would have been best for Brady to just retire instead of joining the Pats.

I like what the Browns have done.  Whether they won the trade or not is debatable, but I think even a historically great prospect like Luck is either going to struggle to develop or struggle to stay healthy on a terrible team with a terrible OL.  The Browns were a complete void of talent and needed to build up the team.   They were buyers for Jimmy this year after building up their OL and took a cheap shot at a QB in Kizer.   There is ridiculous value for a team if you can hit on a franchise QB outside the first round.  Just look at how the Seahawks/Cowboys have been able to parlay their QBs (before Wilson got a raise) into dealing with cap issues.  

Browns are going to have to get a QB soon, but I think it was fine to pass on Wentz.   The Browns were more likely to ruin his career than he to do anything really productive for them.  The Browns will have a ton of draft capital going into this draft and there are plenty of guys that are potentially on the market and they have all the cap space in the world to outbid anyone.  

1999 NFL New England Patriots 8 8 5th of 5
1998 NFL New England Patriots* 9 7 4th of 5
1997 NFL New England Patriots* 10 6 1st of 5
1996 NFL New England Patriots* 11 5 1st of 5
1995 NFL New England Patriots 6 10 4th of 5
1994 NFL New England Patriots* 10 6 2nd of 5

The Browns have been going to have to get a QB for the past 15 years. You are right he wouldn't have done well. Some core in place to help a young QB is a good thing to have, but the Browns just feel like they are cursed to be bad no matter what. Hope just dies there, and I applaud each and every one of you who can continue to actively root for the Browns, I can't imagine what it'd be like.

Just now, Danger said:

The Browns have been going to have to get a QB for the past 15 years. You are right he wouldn't have done well. Some core in place to help a young QB is a good thing to have, but the Browns just feel like they are cursed to be bad no matter what. Hope just dies there, and I applaud each and every one of you who can continue to actively root for the Browns, I can't imagine what it'd be like.

It's like rooting for the Phillies before the mid 2000s to be honest. Very similar. Both very depressing. The 2008 Phillies give me hope.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's like rooting for the Phillies before the mid 2000s to be honest. Very similar. Both very depressing. The 2008 Phillies give me hope.

Fair. I didn't really watch Baseball until 2006. No one else in my family is into sports at all.

Maybe it was like watching the 76ers "process" but for a decade? I feel for you my dude.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not denying any of that, but I just find it amusing when fans from other teams who have been historically bad (Browns, Lions, Bengals, Eagles, etc.) make fun of one another's ineptitude. People would have said the exact same thing about Donovan McNabb back in 1999, and don't tell yourself anything different. 

Well lets no go pre CBA  but yes   even the eagles were bad in huge chunks  in 50s 70s  ect   .    But Modern Day Era  , no one has had it as bad as the browns .  It just does not make sense because the drafts  every way the NFL is setup ... this should not happen.  But browns find a way

16 minutes ago, GreenMean69 said:

Well lets no go pre CBA  but yes   even the eagles were bad in huge chunks  in 50s 70s  ect   .    But Modern Day Era  , no one has had it as bad as the browns .  It just does not make sense because the drafts  every way the NFL is setup ... this should not happen.  But browns find a way

Agreed. The 90s Bengals are the closest I can think of.

just remember that no matter what they've said kizer wasn't even who the browns wanted at QB, they were just lucky enough he fell to them and given they'd already taken THREE first rounders who all look like good players to date they were allowed to take a gamble

realistically they were expected to roll with kessler this year and go for a quarterback next year anyways if they didn't take one in the draft 2017

Just now, JohnnyU said:

53% completion tonight.. a lot of overthrows

eagles defense, and oline is ELITE.. and the fg kicker wow

wentz is still overrated. If dak had a game like this people would asking if he is regressing

You must drive a mighty fine U-Haul!

Archived