Offseason workouts underway (OTA's page 6)

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, G said:

Because they did not think it through, hence not smart. 5th year hold out or not. 2 franchise tags. Or held out and traded him next season before the draft. Raiders brass got caught with their pants down and rushed a trade right before the season killing chemistry. Earlier poster said we could have went 2-0 and would have had Mack still been on the team, even holding out. He would have came back after a 2-0 start and we'd franchise and traded him for better picks before the draft. If dumbarse fans like myself can see how EASY and how much power we had in our favor and the Raiders brass didn't?!? We have VERY different definitions of 'smart' then...

Who's to say he wouldn't have pulled a Bell and sat out the entire year?  His value would have plummeted and I feel like he would have sat out the season. 

Considering we won 4 games all year long and I don't see any way we beat the Rams week 1 with or without Mack so your theory is making a ton of assumptions.  A 2 and 0 start wouldn't have fooled anyone, the team was trash and everyone knew it.

In your opinion how many more wins would we have had last season if we kept Mack?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I actually just got yelled at for it. So I ate it on the floor next to the bed.  In my girlfriends defense we do have light colored sheets.

That looks like a cheap pie too...  You figure OBJ can afford a top shelf pie but he went the cheap route. 

If you watch the video you can see him doing blow with a hooker.  Maybe that explains the cheap pie...  

Like I said before dude is a class act!

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, big_palooka said:

Ugh! Those were rough years.  Depressing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who's to say he wouldn't have pulled a Bell and sat out the entire year?  His value would have plummeted and I feel like he would have sat out the season. 

Considering we won 4 games all year long and I don't see any way we beat the Rams week 1 with or without Mack so your theory is making a ton of assumptions.  A 2 and 0 start wouldn't have fooled anyone, the team was trash and everyone knew it.

In your opinion how many more wins would we have had last season if we kept Mack?

He could have sat out the Raiders still own his rights for years so it absolutely makes no sense for him to sit out and not get paid

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Cause bell was on the last year of his rights and mack wasnt. Sitting out a whole year wouldnt had made any sense. 

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Cause bell was on the last year of his rights and mack wasnt. Sitting out a whole year wouldnt had made any sense. 

I also think there was a difference in the wording of the CBA that applied to Bell and not Mack because one was tagged and the other a fifth year option.  If Bell's agent had not found the loop hole there is no way he sits out the year unless he was ready to retire.

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That looks like a cheap pie too...  You figure OBJ can afford a top shelf pie but he went the cheap route. 

If you watch the video you can see him doing blow with a hooker.  Maybe that explains the cheap pie...  

Like I said before dude is a class act!

I watched the video.  Love the talent but do not like the person.  How did he not get suspended?

Best trade ever. Mack was going to sit out the whole year. He wasn't going to sign the Franchise Tag next year. His stock would have dropped and dropped and dropped.

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Lamarucs Joyner, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Brown, Trent Brown, and Josh Jacobs with another extra first rounder next year over Khalil Mack all day everyday!!!

100 percent.  That is what the Mack homers do not understand.  We got younger, much needed depth and are a way better team with all of the players you've mentioned.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Lamarucs Joyner, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Brown, Trent Brown, and Josh Jacobs with another extra first rounder next year over Khalil Mack all day everyday!!!

For the Raiders it was the best move they could make. The Raiders needed more talent and flexibility money wise. He went to a team that was built better and has better overall talent around him which makes sense on why the Bears traded for him. Both teams won. 

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

How did all that equal to Mack not being here. Jacob's and trent brown are probably not here for sure. The other 3 could be had with mack still on the roster. And yes we all rather have a balance roster than one HOF and a bunch of bums. Doesnt mean we got as much as we could have out of trading mack. 

6 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Best trade ever. Mack was going to sit out the whole year. He wasn't going to sign the Franchise Tag next year. His stock would have dropped and dropped and dropped.

Don't agree! His wallet would have dropped and dropped and dropped