***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I thought this was an awesome way for Thanos to find out about their plan. Altho I do find it difficult to believe Tony couldn’t foresee this problem being the tech expert and all.  Esp after spending so much time with her on the ship where he might’ve tried to use her tech to get them home.  I guess he was preoccupied. 

It was all those fruit pops going to his head he couldn’t think straight on the problem.  Really that’s on Morgan.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Saw it, loved it. Taking it for what it is, there are things I'd nitpick, but the purpose was to bring closure to the 10 year arc and the original characters, which it did well. And had some amazing moments. As a father of a little girl, daddy/daughter moments get me all emotional.

Couple thoughts that haven't been mentioned so far:

1)Who does Tony's daughter grow up to be? And did Cap have any kids of his own and did they inherit the super soldier traits?

2)I can totally see mutants being introduced 2-4 years from now in and introduced into the MCU as a cause from this movies events. Perhaps Banners snap had other effects, purposefully or unintentional. 

Joe Russo said Steve did not go back and live out his life with Prime Peggy. He went back and created his own timeline.

When asked about Old Man Steve and returning the shield, he simply responded by saying "Interesting question, right? Maybe there's a story there."

That's...confusing and kind of disappointing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Joe Russo said Steve did not go back and live out his life with Prime Peggy. He went back and created his own timeline.

When asked about Old Man Steve and returning the shield, he simply responded by saying "Interesting question, right? Maybe there's a story there."

That's...confusing and kind of disappointing.

Maybe confusing but Evans could re-praise the role with his own tv show on Disney+ in which we will get to see what happened when he went back.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So if Steve went back and created his own timeline where does old man Steve from our timeline come from?

I think the statement means that Steve's decision to stay creates a new timeline that we are witness to.   There's another timeline where Steve chooses to return, but we aren't witnessing that one.   The popular theory in alternate realities is that they all exist simultaneously (the 14+ million realities Strange was searching through, as an example).  I don't believe there are 2 old Steve's in this timeline, you only add extra versions of a person when they time travel.

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

In Infinity War, Tony told Pepper about his dream/vision of them having a son, not a daughter.  We have no way of knowing if they would have had a son or daughter if Thanos was defeated and Tony was never lost in space.  

For what it's worth, I don't think that's correct.  The dialog in IW is intentional and he says something like "I dreamt we had a child and named it after your uncle."  I don't think he says "son" or "boy" in that scene.  Can anyone confirm that?

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think the statement means that Steve's decision to stay creates a new timeline that we are witness to.   There's another timeline where Steve chooses to return, but we aren't witnessing that one.   The popular theory in alternate realities is that they all exist simultaneously (the 14+ million realities Strange was searching through, as an example).  I don't believe there are 2 old Steve's in this timeline, you only add extra versions of a person when they time travel.

So 1 Steve from the 14+ million (as an example) realities decided to switch to our reality?

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So 1 Steve from the 14+ million (as an example) realities decided to switch to our reality?

Or more that there's another reality where Steve returns back to 2023, 2 possible realities that result from making the choice (travel to 1945 and stay, or return home at 2023).   We just witness the 1945-stay one.  But yes, that's one of those 14+ million (or more, remember Strange only had enough time to scroll through those before finding 1...probably more).    Everything I understand about alternate realities that's serious just gives me headaches trying to think on it more in-depth lol.

Edited by Broncofan

27 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So if Steve went back and created his own timeline where does old man Steve from our timeline come from?

The assumption I've operated under that makes the most sense to me is that Steve put the stones back, when back in time to live a life out with Peggy (creating and living in a separate timeline), and then when he was done with that life (Peggy passed away, presumably) he returned to his original timeline to pass off the shield, see his friends again, see his own world after their success, etc.

Just leaves the hole of why he didn't show back up on the pad, but I think that's just a case where they made a film making decision for the visuals and effect over an internally logically consistent one.

28 minutes ago, titanrick said:

For what it's worth, I don't think that's correct.  The dialog in IW is intentional and he says something like "I dreamt we had a child and named it after your uncle."  I don't think he says "son" or "boy" in that scene.  Can anyone confirm that?

He said "we named him after your eccentric uncle."  Also named Morgan.

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

He said "we named him after your eccentric uncle."  Also named Morgan.

Could have been a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts though. He knew he had the dream, so they decided to name her Morgan anyway. 

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

The assumption I've operated under that makes the most sense to me is that Steve put the stones back, when back in time to live a life out with Peggy (creating and living in a separate timeline), and then when he was done with that life (Peggy passed away, presumably) he returned to his original timeline to pass off the shield, see his friends again, see his own world after their success, etc.

Just leaves the hole of why he didn't show back up on the pad, but I think that's just a case where they made a film making decision for the visuals and effect over an internally logically consistent one.

Thats what I assumed too.