Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

I’m going to be honest, I feel the same way..

I feel like this needs a .... variety of players.. and that includes a swag

I joined, but would consider backing out if the full roster is a team that I am not comfortable with.. it doesn’t hurt to reserve your spot

Yeah, I hope that is understandable to people.  I don't want to unequivocally commit to a multi-month series of games tournament.  I'll tentatively agree to play, but would prefer a verification opportunity before a start date.

I don't know.  With a 9-man game series, I feel as though you almost have to be selective, different game pathways for different players (e.g., newer players, experienced players, competent players (SHADE IS REAL)), or utilize some system of elimination.  I mean, for both rating and quality of the game, I think it would be pretty lacking if you had 4 heavy hitters, 3 new players, and 2 decent-or-above players.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

If I play does this move you towards a no or a yes B|

Neither, really.  So, you can take it as a compliment that you have not annoyed me so much that I want you excluded, or an insult that I don't think you're as unique of a player as someone like Malfatron or Touch.  I hope it's the former since I only think like 5 players are unique.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Neither, really.  So, you can take it as a compliment that you have not annoyed me so much that I want you excluded, or an insult that I don't think you're as unique of a player as someone like Malfatron or Touch.  I hope it's the former since I only think like 5 players are unique.

I’m definitely not unique

49 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, I hope that is understandable to people.  I don't want to unequivocally commit to a multi-month series of games tournament.  I'll tentatively agree to play, but would prefer a verification opportunity before a start date.

I don't know.  With a 9-man game series, I feel as though you almost have to be selective, different game pathways for different players (e.g., newer players, experienced players, competent players (SHADE IS REAL)), or utilize some system of elimination.  I mean, for both rating and quality of the game, I think it would be pretty lacking if you had 4 heavy hitters, 3 new players, and 2 decent-or-above players.

See, I think that is the ideal.. I feel like the newer players will learn and play up to the experienced people

What I’m worried about is having a full roster of people from the exact same era and being the 1 player always on the outs regardless of the actual game 

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This has a very real “If you can’t spot the sucker at the table, you’re the sucker” ROUNDERS feel to it. I suck but am intrigued. I feel like I’m the type of player that pisses everyone else in the game off.

You’re no worse than most. If anyone holds your early games against you then they are a tool. Everyone has a learning curve

Honestly, as long as you go into every game willing to be open and objective you will be fine

you should play and get a bunch of quick games under your belt

• Like 1

That being said, I don’t love the concept of being in a 9 player game where I feel like a third or even a half dislike me or are otherwise dispositioned to distrust me..... over and over again

Oh well, I’ll take it as a challenge

Edited by Tk3

21 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

See, I think that is the ideal.. I feel like the newer players will learn and play up to the experienced people

What I’m worried about is having a full roster of people from the exact same era and being the 1 player always on the outs regardless of the actual game 

I'd rather not have the "LOL LET THE NEW GUY GO, HE GOTTA LEARN" dynamic in a tournament style game. 

Also, it basically sets up a substantial propensity for pointless games, which you seem concerned about.

I know I am not on @SwAg's list of unique inferiors - but if Swag is in I am in as this is where I can finally use my thesaurus against him.
I'll even step my game down a bit to let everyone else have a little bit of fun.

Also @Malfatron has to be here because I am among his favorite mafia players!

14 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I'd rather not have the "LOL LET THE NEW GUY GO, HE GOTTA LEARN" dynamic in a tournament style game. 

Also, it basically sets up a substantial propensity for pointless games, which you seem concerned about.

I’m not talking about someone who has never played at all

Im talking about someone still learning nuisances. I think it’s fine

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I’m not talking about someone who has never played at all

Im talking about someone still learning nuisances. I think it’s fine

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll be excluded if Dome's looking for the best of the best anyway.