Final Mock Draft

BayRaider

Hey gentlemen, thanks for opening and taking a read. This is my third and final mock, released one in February and one in March. This Mock is purely what I think will happen and going for accuracy. The draft is my favorite event of the entire year and I've spent a ton of free time watching all these guys. It's gonna be an amazing event to see where they all go. Enjoy!

I will update with the second round before the draft.

1. Arizona Cardinals - QB Kyler Murray - Oklahoma

Don't believe the articles here, I feel that's noise to get a team to bite and move up. Kyler IMO will be the first pick off the board and this has basically been a done deal since Late Feb barring a good value trade. Murray fits Kingsbury's offense and makes his transition to the NFL a smooth one. Cardinals trade Josh Rosen to the Bengals for their 2nd Round Draft Selection. (Could also easily see it being the Redskins).

2. San Francisco 49ers - EDGE Nick Bosa - Ohio State

I also feel this has been an obvious pick most of the draft and the Quinnen Williams has been noise. You need two solid EDGE's in this league. Bosa and Ford on the outside and Buckner inside, that's a scary scary line.

3. New York Jets - EDGE Josh Allen - Kentucky

This is a difficult one because I think a trade is at least 50% possible here. I just can't seem to find any willing trade partners. If the Jets stand pat, I think they will select Allen over QW and Ed Oliver who they are rumored to select. Allen in a 4-3 scheme barely scratches the Top 15 for me but as a 3-4 EDGE he is #2 behind Quinnen Williams on my board. Basically he's scheme dependent and I think he will dominate on a 3-4 Defense. But I wouldn't want the Raiders to touch him if he fell to 4. Jets get the great EDGE that they need with Allens versatility.

4. Oakland Raiders - IDL Quinnen Williams - Alabama

Raiders get the best player in the draft. DT isn't a huge need for us but Quinnen you just can't pass on. There are a lot of reports Raiders might shock the world with this pick. I don't see it. Draft can't come soon enough...

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - ILB Devin White - LSU

Another difficult pick to make here, ILB at 5 is high but he's an extremely talented prospect. I originally had Montez Sweat here but I think his medicals are a bigger deal than people realize.

6. New York Giants - IDL Ed Oliver - Houston

Giants pass on QB (never thought they were going QB here) and get the best defensive player on the board.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - T Jawaan Taylor - Florida

I know it's probably a boring pick for Jaguar fans but they need to protect their new investment and Taylor is ready to block that right side right away. I could see them selecting Jonah here as well, or even Dilliard. I'm pretty sure it will be an OT. Taylor is honestly my third ranked OT behind Jonah and Dilliard but I feel Taylor best fits what the Jags want to do right now.

8. Detroit Lions - EDGE Brian Burns - Florida State

Lions desperately need EDGE help and I feel with Sweat falling, Burns will now be the selection here. I like Burns more than most and I don't think this is too much of a reach. Burns had the most pressures of anyone in college football. I originally had him going 12 to Green Bay but now I'm not sure he falls that far.

9. Buffalo Bills - T Jonah Williams - Alabama

Bills could go many directions but I think protecting Allen is priority #1 and Jonah could also be their BPA. What the Bills might like about Jonah is his versatility. You can stick him at LT, G, or RT. They probably plug him in at RT and he does extremely well.

10. Denver Broncos - ILB Devin Bush - Michigan

I almost went against the norm and went Christian Wilkins here. However, Fangio does value ILB highly and I could absolutely see Bush being the pick here. A lot of people have him as 1b to Devin White and he's an excellent football player. I remember he was a 2nd Round Pick when the draft season started but he has steadily climbed boards and rightfully so. Great player.

11. Cincinnati Bengals - T Andre Dilliard - Washington State

I have all three OT's going early. Bengals upgrade at LT with the best pass protector in the entire draft and my personal favorite T. This gives Zac Taylor a solid line to go with Dalton/Rosen and giving his offense a chance to execute.

12. Green Bay Packers - EDGE Montez Sweat - Mississippi State

I see Sweat falling but this is just too good of a fit to pass up for the Packers. They take Sweat who imo will be a pretty good 3-4 EDGE player and is much better suited for a 3-4 system than having his hand in the dirt.

13. Miami Dolphins - EDGE Clelin Ferrell - Clemson

I'm much higher on Ferrell than most and think he goes earlier than most predict. Dolphins will build up the defense for defensive minded HC Brian Flores and EDGE is by far probably their biggest need on defense.

14. Atlanta Falcons - IDL Christian Wilkins - Clemson

Back to back Clemson defensive linemen come off the board. Falcons get an outstanding player who create some solid interior pressure for them.

15. Washington Redskins - QB Dwayne Haskins - Ohio State

Personally, I've never seen Haskins going Top 10. He's been overrated by the media all off season. He's a great fit for Washington though and IMO they are a QB away from being Super Bowl Contenders. They debate trading up for Haskins but he falls in their lap at 15. If the Redskins are the ones to trade for Rosen, I could see Haskins taking a Rodgers like tumble to the Mid 20's.

16. Carolina Panthers - T Cody Ford - Oklahoma

Panthers could go DL but I really think they need to protect Cam Newton. He was battered beyond belief last year and his throwing motion at the end of the year looked BAD and like his shoulder was destroyed. Plug Ford in G and possibly RT the following year if Daryl Williams is gone. He is a versatile linemen and I think his best fit is RT.

17. New York Giants - QB Drew Lock - Missouri

Surprise... not Daniel Jones. Jones is another guy I feel has been overrated by the media. Giants get the guy they wanted all along, Drew Lock. Lock will redshirt his first year and possibly even 2nd year if Eli comes back to life.

18. Minnesota Vikings - C Garrett Bradbury - N.C. State

Vikings get help for Kirk Cousins. Bradbury will protect Cousins and is a great smart center. Should do wonders for their expensive QB, center is one of the most underrated positions in the game.

19. Tennessee Titans - WR D.K. Metcalf - Ole Miss

I could easily see G Chris Lindstrom or TE T.J. Hockenson here but I'm gonna say they take a gamble Metcalf. Metcalf has all the potential in the world, can he reach it? I'm personally not a big fan but we'll see.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - S/NB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Florida

A surprising pick indeed. Obviously, Murphy or Greedy are the consensus picks here.. and I can easily see that. However, I think CGJ is way higher on teams boards then we realize. Plus the 2nd/3rd Round Depth for Corner is extremely solid this year.

21. Seattle Seahawks - EDGE Rashan Gary - Michigan

I see Gary falling farther than most and I think 21 is a good spot for him. I could even see him falling to the Late 20's. Seattle replaces Clark with another raw DL prospect in Gary. They successfully developed Clark, can they successfully develop Gary?

22. Baltimore Ravens - WR A.J. Brown - Ole Miss

The top two receivers off the board are both from Ole Miss. Ravens need to give Lamar a weapon badly. That receiving core... YIKES! Brown will be a very reliable target.

23. Houston Texans - CB Greedy Williams - LSU

With all the top OT's gone, Houston goes to their next biggest need and possible BPA in Greedy. The first corner in the draft comes off late at 23.

24. Oakland Raiders - TE T.J. Hockenson - Iowa

I am shocked Hockenson fell this far and I did not do it on purpose, this is just how the board fell. Raiders need EDGE help badly but Hockenson could be the next Top 5 great TE in the NFL. Raiders run to the podium with his name in hand.

25. Philadelphia Eagles - IDL Jeffery Simmons - Misssissippi State

Eagles could use a G but they have two second round picks and plenty of value there. They get a guy who is easily a Top 5 player in the entire draft and red shirt him for 2019.

26. Indianapolis Colts - CB Byron Murphy - Washington

Colts have a IDL need but I have a feeling Tillery might fall to them at 34. They can use this pick on a corner, and Murphy slipped a little bit. They need zone coverage help and Murphy is an excellent zone coverage corner.

27. Oakland Raiders - EDGE Zach Allen - Boston College

Not a sexy pick by any means and I'm sure some of my fellow Raider fans won't be pleased. But Allen is a very underrated pass rusher and can play in a 4-3. All the EDGE's are gone at this point and Mayock seemed pretty high on Allen when he was talking about him at the Scouting Combine. I wouldn't say this is a huge reach as I don't see him getting past the Patriots at 32.

28. Los Angeles Chargers - IDL Dexter Lawrence - Clemson

The third Clemson defensive linemen off the board here. Chargers got gutted up the middle last year and this pick solves that. 340lb wrecking machine who also can rush the passer too.

29. Seattle Seahawks - S Nasir Adderley - Deleware

Seattle needs to replace Earl Thomas, now they can do that with the newly acquired Chiefs pick. Adderley should be an exceptional coverage/play making Free Safety. Seattle continues to rebuild their defense in the draft.

30. Green Bay Packers - WR Hollywood Brown - Oklahoma

I could easily see this pick being TE Noah Fant but the Packers decide to give Aaron the deep threat/home run hitter he's always been missing. Hollywood Brown. It would be one of the most exciting duos in the entire league. Packer fans probably won't like this pick, if not, replace Hollywood with Fant to make yourselves feel better. It could be either or.

*TRADE*

Trades are unpredictable so I don't do many of them, but gotta do at least one. Rams will probably be desperately looking to move out of this spot and the Broncos trade up for their Quarterback of the Future. With Lock gone, who do they want?

31. Denver Broncos - QB Will Grier - West Virginia

Yes... Grier goes before Daniel Jones. Broncos get a guy with a 5th year option that can sit behind Flacco for a couple years. Although knowing Flacco, Grier probably starts the last few games of 2019. Grier IMO is very underrated and personally my QB3 of this class. Broncos also feared Pats would grab Grier.

32. New England Patriots - QB Ryan Finley - N.C. State

Shocked? I could certainly see this happening, especially with all the DL talent gone. Finley is my QB2 behind Murray and I think his intelligence, touch, accuracy, and release all remind me of Tom Brady himself. He's been slept on this entire draft season. Finley sits behind Brady and learns from the best. Despite what people think, I think Pats target TE in the 3rd. With their two second round picks they will go defense.

The last two picks end with a BANG!

I'll be back with my second round before the draft.

EDIT

Second Round Added.

Second Round:

33. Arizona Cardinals - T Kaleb McGary - Washington

34. Indianapolis Colts - IDL Jerry Tillery - Notre Dame

35. Oakland Raiders - EDGE Chase Winovich - Michigan

36. San Francisco 49ers - WR Hakeem Butler - Iowa State

37. New York Giants - CB Deandre Baker - Georgia

38. Jacksonville Jaguars - TE Noah Fant - Iowa

39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - G Chris Lindstrom - Boston College

40. Buffalo Bills - WR N'Keal Harry - Arizona State

41. Los Angeles Rams - CB Julian Love - Notre Dame