#2 Toronto Raptors vs. #3 Philadelphia 76ers | 2019 East Semifinals

11sanchez11

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

The guy has been Biblical vs the 76ers this series.  Simmons is getting cooked on defense.  I don't care that he's forcing Leonard into 'low percentage shots', dude is ripping the Sixers a new one.  Then, Simmons does absolutely nothing on offense.

Really hard to expect anything more from a mediocre at best player.

Yes, Kawhi has been amazing. That doesn't change that Simmons is doing everything possible to stop him. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, so I'll end this conversation here.

It's hard to do anything against a lengthy forward who is feeling his shot from anywhere on the court in every single freaking game. If he was doing it in a more high profile series, this would be up there with some of the most dominant playoff performances we've seen. I don't think he's filling up the stat sheet to make it as sexy as some of the stuff LeBron did, but he is super under control, not forcing anything, knows he can do anything he wants, and rarely making any bad plays. It's a rare thing to see.

13 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Everyone expected the 76ers and Celtics to rule the East post-LeBron. Turns out it's the Bucks (and Raptors while they have Kawhi, however long that may be, but that one was expected).

I guess the NBA isn't always predictable.

Don't think the Bucks/Raptors have the same upside to ever compete with the Warriors though. Which is what's kinda disappointing

21 hours ago, Utley said:

Be careful what you wish for. It's unlikely a replacement will be better than Brown, and it's highly likely he'll go on to have success elsewhere.

To be clear, you're saying Brett has told Simmons not to shoot?

I'm sorry, this isn't a John Harbaugh/Mike Tomlin type of situation. Brett Brown doesn't do anything except for cheerlead to be honest. There are plenty of young guns and lnog time veterans who can do what he does and likely better.

21 hours ago, showtime said:

The guy has been Biblical vs the 76ers this series.  Simmons is getting cooked on defense.  I don't care that he's forcing Leonard into 'low percentage shots', dude is ripping the Sixers a new one.  Then, Simmons does absolutely nothing on offense.

Really hard to expect anything more from a mediocre at best player.

We can all agree Leonard in on fire; however, what else do you want from a defender than the bolded?

7 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

We can all agree Leonard in on fire; however, what else do you want from a defender than the bolded?

I guess people want him to suddenly turn into an offensive juggernaut now that they are playing one of the best defensive teams in basketball.  And they want him to shut down a top 3 player on defense. 

NBA reactionary hot takes are as bad as the NFL nowadays.

Game 6 tonight, Raptors looked good in Game 5, I wonder if they can get it done in Game 6 on the road.  I think they do and advance to the conference finals vs. Milwaukee, the way it should have been in 2001. 

IYAM BS' main issue in this series is he's non-existent on the offensive side of the ball. Kawhi is going to get his, he's a top 3 player. That shouldn't deter him from being efficient on the offensive end. Get into the lane create or move without the ball 

Telling him to shoot more doesn't mean he'll do it. He's got to feel confident in its results. You don't tell the kid to start shooting come playoff time. I really think he won't progress to a +35% 3pt shooter he doesn't even look at the rim when approaching the paint at times. The videos of him shooting pregame seem like a different player (off ball spotting up) 

Brown's issue is he doesn't have enough shooters. He's too reliant on JJ Redick. Also I think he panicked sending double teams at Kawhi in game 5, you don't allow the role players to start cooking at home. I also don't understand the rotations Monroe getting mins seems mind boggling. When Ibaka is in at Toronto's only big, he should have Scott playing that stretch 5. Or Harris. 

Archived