2019 Day 1 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

jleisher

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Raiders @ 4

Giants in a trade-up

Redskins in a trade-up

as absolute floors

All those teams want QB's - but do those teams want Murray ? Maybe I'm outta touch - but he needs the right system. I know I'm not taking him. Prototype QB's win Super Bowls. Then again - push comes to shove - I would have taken Josh Allen last year.

Gute showed last year that he will wheel and deal.  Since we are within striking distance of top talent, I'm looking for a trade up.  I'd prefer #6 if they can secure Oliver or Allen.  Could be higher.

I find it unlikely that we will be this close to top talent again the near future.  Go grab it.  Figure the rest out later.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Gute showed last year that he will wheel and deal.  Since we are within striking distance of top talent, I'm looking for a trade up.  I'd prefer #6 if they can secure Oliver or Allen.  Could be higher.

I find it unlikely that we will be this close to top talent again the near future.  Go grab it.  Figure the rest out later.

Yea - Gute has this on a plaque in his office

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Raiders @ 4

Giants in a trade-up

Redskins in a trade-up

as absolute floors

I"m not sure he's in the top 2 QB's on many boards other than Arizona. I think both Lock and Haskins are rated higher than he is on many boards. 

2 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Hoping we don’t trade away 30 because it keeps the second half of the draft worth paying attention to. 

I hope they don't trade it to move up, but if you're there at 30 and someone will give you a good haul to move to the high 2nd, and there's not a guy you would run to the podium for- go for it.  33 is a more fun pick than 30 anyway.

Just now, fistfullofbeer said:

I think if we move down with 12, we will use some of the assets from it and move up with the 30.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a small trade down (say 15 or 17), then 30 we could move back, and then move up from our 3rd round pick.  Four picks in the first 64 picks could make a pretty strong impact on our team.

Archived