2019 Day 1 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

jleisher

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

What are we calling high?  High as in a FRP?  No, they were never taking an offensive skill position in the first round.  In the second?  I think they'd do it if the right guy fell to them.

I mean, I read a mock draft yesterday where the Packers spent their first four picks on offense.  It was just never going to happen.  I think there might be a pass catcher and an OL tomorrow.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, I read a mock draft yesterday where the Packers spent their first four picks on offense.  It was just never going to happen.  I think there might be a pass catcher and an OL tomorrow.

That was never happen.  It's a philosophical thing.  It goes back to Wolf.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

People are forgetting that you can win on offense with scheme- let's not forget that George Kittle was a 5th round pick, and mostly the 49ers are scheming him open.

In order to win on defense, you need talent.

You think we'll stick at 44 or drop back in order to pick up that 4th?

Draft predictions next year - Packers trade up in the first round with the Seahawks and hose them in order to take an all-pro future Hall of Fame defensive back for pennies on the dollar for a third straight year. 

Would you trade our 2nd and 3rd to get back in the first for Hollywood or another WR/OT?  Think the value chart would have us around 27.  

All of day 2 would be punted but we'd get some studs.  Or just wait to see what lands at 47. 

EDIT: Jk

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

Well, there should be a decent wide receiver or OL at 44, no?

WR?  Yes.  OL?  Probably not.  OL has Jawann Taylor (medical), Cody Ford (doesn't fit the mold), Erik McCoy, and Dalton Risner.  Of the four, only Risner seems like a potential match.

Andy Herman: Just realizing that GB could have left with Burns and Dillard and still had picks in the 2nd & 3rd and now I’m weeping.

Question - whats he talking about here? Did we lose our second or third picks?

Archived