2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

I don't think Ferrell would have been there at 24, but you could have made Buffalo or whatever move up for Ed Oliver and just give them a cheap trade up. It's def a passing grade pick, but not great value.

12 minutes ago, NickButera said:

This. Before the draft started he was considered easily a top 3 pass rusher in the draft.  

Yeah but Mayock knows how the draft works and knew he would have been available later. Hell, take less value. Even a 2nd rounder and stay in the top 10. @Geezy this is why I blame Gruden, Also, Gruden definitely does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

31 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

You seriously couldn't trade down? This has Gruden written all over it

And end up with Reggie McK value in the trade down? 

We took the full 10 minutes and picked someone not expected to go top 5. No way we weren't fielding calls for a trade down, but it looks like there wasn't much value to gain in a trade down. 

This pick is clearly a reach. But if our FO loves this guy i much rather pick him now over accepting a low value trade down which just sets us up for low value trades every time. If you don't say not to bad value trade downs you will never collect good value every now and then and end up with the McKenzie style get f****d in the *** trades time after time.

As for the pick: A reach, i'll have to wait and see how he pans out. At least i like that he isn't a qb or an off the ball lb. 

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

More BS. Last week you had Sweat as a possible pick at 4 and that top 5 was too high for Ferrell. 

Yes because if we can trade down we can get Ferrell in the 11-13 range but if there’s no trade partners you take your guy. 

Bro you need to stop. You’ve always been the most whiny passive aggressive mofo on this forum by far. 35 year old in his moms basement for sure. 

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah but Mayock knows how the draft works and knew he would have been available later. Hell, take less value. Even a 2nd rounder and stay in the top 10.

There is a limit to what I would have taken but a 2nd and staying in the top ten would be okay since Ferrell would still be there.

Just now, Roninho said:

And end up with Reggie McK value in the trade down? 

We took the full 10 minutes and picked someone not expected to go top 5. No way we weren't fielding calls for a trade down, but it looks like there wasn't much value to gain in a trade down. 

This pick is clearly a reach. But if our FO loves this guy i much rather pick him now over accepting a low value trade down which just sets us up for low value trades every time. If you don't say not to bad value trade downs you will never collect good value every now and then and end up with the McKenzie style picks time after time.

As for the pick: A reach, i'll have to wait and see how he pans out. At least i like that he isn't a qb or an off the ball lb. 

Adding a second and staying in top 10 would still be more value than we got. Doubt Ferrell is top 10 for anyone else. Still coulda picked Bush or someone else too.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I would’ve preferred Oliver.

We may have preferred many players but Mayock and Gruden get paid millions to make these decisions.  We're just casual fans who like to think we kno what is best for our team.  These guys reputations are on the line.  I like the pick of Ferrell but also think he could have been acquired after a trade down. 

Archived