2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

How about instead of posting pictures of the thoughts of others, you tried some of your own? 

I have more important things to take care of than explain something to someone arguing for the sake of arguing while providing nothing of substance. 

I've posted plenty of thoughts one of my main one is that the Raiders liked Ferrell, you still avoiding saying who you would have picked, I get it, name 35 players so you can say we could of had this or that guy.

Just now, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

What I take away from the 1st round is Carr is and has been their guy all along.

Exactly. It was pure smoke to try and get someone to trade up to #3. Too bad it didn't work out but surrounding Carr with a very good RB in Jacobs, and adding Brown, Williams, Grant, Trent Brown, etc is a great supporting cast. Definitely in the upper half of the league which has come a LONG way from easily the worst a few months ago.

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

For this year, I agree. If Kyler had slipped, it may have been a different story but I am so glad we didnt plunge on any of the other QBs. 

Why don't you believe Carr is Gruden's guy? Because he didn't draft him? He loves Carr.

Don't really know what to think about round 1. I understand the rationale in taking a specific character. That certainly seems to be the core theme from Mayock - leaders and guys who live football. I can also understand getting in high floor prospects.

It was in a sense a sensible, fairly calculated draft - get the players you want regardless of how the board may change. And perhaps having a conservative GM is what we need after years of reckless decision making. I can't help but feel a little disappointed with the value, but we have brought in 3 guys that will be really easy to root for and I am confident they will be solid starters.

Not the exciting feeling I was after with 3 first round picks, but again perhaps we've had our fill of excitement with wacky picks over the years and should be content with some less flashy plug and play types.

Archived