2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

Just now, Norm said:

And then he was their first team all pro LT, their BEST LT, he was their highest graded OT last year. In 2016 he was their 20th best player, 3rd overall OL, second overall tackle, couple spots behind Trent Williams. 

Pretty sure what you said is bull**** since I think they stopped using the grading like you quoted before 2017.

For the king of everything that is right and truthful, you're kind of full of ****.

Incorrect.

Hey, take some midol or smoke a pack of cigarettes. Or, continue your tantrum. Whatever works for you... You're just kinda telling on yourself.

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

Incorrect.

Hey, take some midol or smoke a pack of cigarettes. Or, continue your tantrum. Whatever works for you... You're just kinda telling on yourself.

Gees, you're being super nasty. 

Earlier you made some fair comments. You were asked some followup questions to continue the conversation, but you chose to ignore those questions and decided to go on the attack instead. I'm sure you feel entitled to that, but that's not really the case. 

Just now, Norm said:

NFL Gen is decent now?

I mean, its still all reactionary hot takes, but its more sufferable than this place recently. Evening coming after a big W! Defense doesnt give up a damn TD and its just nonsense in here. Dont got the energy for all this bickerin lol i need dad naps now

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

I mean, its still all reactionary hot takes, but its more sufferable than this place recently. Evening coming after a big W! Defense doesnt give up a damn TD and its just nonsense in here. Dont got the energy for all this bickerin lol i need dad naps now

lol FWIW, I think everyone is happy with the defense, very happy. That's why one play spawned 10 pages lol

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Donzo said:

That's some nice double speak pretense you got going there. The only posters I see freaking out are the group thinkers quarreling over entitled agenda speak.

Ag did't claim the OL play was more of a factor in the play, he claimed "that's all it was", which is 100% wrong and just spin to fit his agenda to discredit and hate Gary.

I've broken the play down, others have hit on some things, but there's been no counter points. Just some hot take statements with nothing to back them up. I'll quickly review it again just so it's in the recent discussion. First, we're not even sure if it was a stunt. For all we know, Gary saw a hole and ran through it. Lowry took an outside gap, but that happens in all types of rushes. Gary was the only player on a clear delayed loop. But, for argument sake, well assume it was a one man loop; it happens.

The fact is the Bear OL did there job on Gary. The guy who actually got a break on the play was Smith when his OT (Leno) lost balance to his left and Smith ran right by him to his right for an unchecked hit on Trubinsky. It's interesting no one brought this up about Smith's pressure, yet some posters are desperately trying to discredit Gary's pressure.

LIS, the Bears OL did there job on Gary. The Packers four rushers all moved up field, so the Bears committed to man on man blocking just like they should have. Gary was four (4) yards up field, got hit and jolted by the OT (Massie) then sprinted to the QB for the hit and pressure. A lot of edge guys would have been finished after the move up field and OT hit, but not Gary. He has the freakish athletic ability to recover and move to the QB.

The only thing that could be spun as an error helping Gary was the center (Daniels) didn't move to pick him up. But, when breaking down the play, the center played it properly. He was covering the middle and saw Fackrell before Gary, so he just started to shadow towards Frack, like he should have. Then Gary burst by him.

That's it.

I imagine those facts will continue to be ignored, or more hot take statements (the Bears OL messed up or anyone could have done what Gary did) without verification will continue to be the response from the group thinkers and haters. There may be some more vitriolic nonsense, too... So be it.

This post is the epitome of the desperate comment i made in my last post. You are just wrong about gary’s play on this down and you keep making posts about it instead of just being ok with the fact that gary did his job on this play, but it wasnt anything special. You want it to be special and you’ll never let go like Rose in Titanic.

Of course it was a stunt. Gary didnt push four yards up field, get jolted, then recover and redirect inside per your analysis Rose. Its very easy to see that gary went up the field two yards and then redirected inside for his move before the OT even touched him. The guard didnt release lowry to engage gary and the center was focused on the other side of the field, meaning gary had a free run at the qb.

While your analysis was bad, you could really smell the desperation when you decided to say he pushed up the field four yards, just making things up because you think it makes him sound better. Its not like we dont have this play on video... i can post screenshots if you want. 

18 minutes ago, Donzo said:

That's some nice double speak pretense you got going there. The only posters I see freaking out are the group thinkers quarreling over entitled agenda speak.

Ag did't claim the OL play was more of a factor in the play, he claimed "that's all it was", which is 100% wrong and just spin to fit his agenda to discredit and hate Gary.

I've broken the play down, others have hit on some things, but there's been no counter points. Just some hot take statements with nothing to back them up. I'll quickly review it again just so it's in the recent discussion. First, we're not even sure if it was a stunt. For all we know, Gary saw a hole and ran through it. Lowry took an outside gap, but that happens in all types of rushes. Gary was the only player on a clear delayed loop. But, for argument sake, well assume it was a one man loop; it happens.

The fact is the Bear OL did there job on Gary. The guy who actually got a break on the play was Smith when his OT (Leno) lost balance to his left and Smith ran right by him to his right for an unchecked hit on Trubinsky. It's interesting no one brought this up about Smith's pressure, yet some posters are desperately trying to discredit Gary's pressure.

LIS, the Bears OL did there job on Gary. The Packers four rushers all moved up field, so the Bears committed to man on man blocking just like they should have. Gary was four (4) yards up field, got hit and jolted by the OT (Massie) then sprinted to the QB for the hit and pressure. A lot of edge guys would have been finished after the move up field and OT hit, but not Gary. He has the freakish athletic ability to recover and move to the QB.

The only thing that could be spun as an error helping Gary was the center (Daniels) didn't move to pick him up. But, when breaking down the play, the center played it properly. He was covering the middle and saw Fackrell before Gary, so he just started to shadow towards Frack, like he should have. Then Gary burst by him.

That's it.

I imagine those facts will continue to be ignored, or more hot take statements (the Bears OL messed up or anyone could have done what Gary did) without verification will continue to be the response from the group thinkers and haters. There may be some more vitriolic nonsense, too... So be it.

You haven't broken the play down. You've mischarachterized a sequence of events that never occurred.

You're seriously going to debate whether a play in which the DT ran into the OTs side and the Edge Rusher ran around the Guard, was a called stunt? I don't ever want to ever hear about being intellectually dishonest again, Jesus Christ.

The Bears offensive line did not do their job on Gary. The Guard stayed on Lowry, exactly how it was drawn up by Pettine. Good Lord.

No one is talking about Smith's pressure on this play because no one is trying to use it to justify an utterly unremarkable performance.

What the heck is the opposite of man to man blocking on a passing down? The correct play is to pass off the stunt. That's how it should always be done. There's no protection where that stunt should not be passed off.

What kind of invalid pass rushers are you watching who fall over when the OT touches them? It's an offensive tackle backpedaling? How much strength do you think even an NFL caliber guy has while in a kick slide?

You're just flat wrong about this.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Well of course not. Is anyone actually saying that's crazy?

What's silly is perpetuating questions about the fantastic Bulaga being better than the great Bakhtiari, then making things up to back up the validity of that question.

Also, I never did get an answer to this, what did I make up?

No dog in this fight.

I didn't notice Gary at all during the game.  I was shown the clip of his stunt and pressure, this is what I thought....

I thought LOWRY did an AMAZING JOB of holding onto the guard with his right hand, while engaging the tackle (and holding) with his left hand.

You want to talk about who made that play?  It was Lowry.

Gary was the benefactor.  And yes, it was a stunt.  Lowry doesn't engage that tackle with his left hand on his own.  That was drawn up by Pettine.  God bless Pettine!

And Gary played his role very, very well.

You want to debate Gary?  Go ahead.  If he were a Viking or Bear, we'd all be LOL'ing at the number of snaps a #12 pick got last week.

But he isn't a Viking or a Bear.  He's a Packer.  And I think we all know that he's an immensely talented PROJECT.  A project needs time.  Gotta preach patience here.  Celebrate those little victories, like Gary's pressure there.  Celebrate Lowry, too.

And for God's Sake....Celebrate a win over the Bears at Soldier Field!

• Like 4

I honestly believe that if this defense was healthy, it could hold Brady under that magic 23 point number. 

Jaire Alexander could hold his own against Brown and not let him take over the game. 

Savage/Greene/Amos could stop or hold in check the RB passing game. 

Our DL could make their run game ineffective. 

And Z. Smith/Gary/Clark getting interior pressure with Preston Smith getting exterior pressure I think would get to Brady. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I honestly believe that if this defense was healthy, it could hold Brady under that magic 23 point number. 

Jaire Alexander could hold his own against Brown and not let him take over the game. 

Savage/Greene/Amos could stop or hold in check the RB passing game. 

Our DL could make their run game ineffective. 

And Z. Smith/Gary/Clark getting interior pressure with Preston Smith getting exterior pressure I think would get to Brady. 

You're asking King/Brown/Weed to neutralize Gordon though. Gordon>Brown.