5[150]: Kinsley Keke [DL; Texas A&M]

Packerraymond

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Even though we didnt get Burns?  :)

I said he wasn't a Pettine guy. Just didn't know how much he wasn't.

But I love the draft overall and the individual picks. Some real gems including Gary who is gonna surprise. But Keke is gold. Best DL pick, right there with Clark and Daniels.

• 2 weeks later...

"The Senior Bowl was made for players like Keke. He’d flashed talent at Texas A&M, but he played a role there that likely wasn’t going to best suit his talents at the NFL level. Over 60 percent of Keke’s snaps last season came outside the tackle. At 288 pounds, he’s far more suited for the 3-technique defensive tackle in the NFL. Rushing from that position at the Senior Bowl, Keke had the highest win rate and grade of any player in the pass-rushing one-on-ones "

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

"The Senior Bowl was made for players like Keke. He’d flashed talent at Texas A&M, but he played a role there that likely wasn’t going to best suit his talents at the NFL level. Over 60 percent of Keke’s snaps last season came outside the tackle. At 288 pounds, he’s far more suited for the 3-technique defensive tackle in the NFL. Rushing from that position at the Senior Bowl, Keke had the highest win rate and grade of any player in the pass-rushing one-on-ones "

how did he last so long? just a hidden gem or something? 

2 hours ago, gopackgo247 said:

how did he last so long? just a hidden gem or something? 

Exactly.

I hope they play that annoying Drake song every time he makes a tackle...

Keke....do you love me?

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

Last year he played end and didn’t perform as well as he had been.

Not that I'm disagreeing with this statement but his stats did improve after he was moved to DE his senior year. However I do think he is far better off playing on the inside at the next level.

We got a steal with this kid.

20 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Not that I'm disagreeing with this statement but his stats did improve after he was moved to DE his senior year. However I do think he is far better off playing on the inside at the next level.

We got a steal with this kid.

I agree. Something tells me he'll be used in an odd front package where he's shooting gaps and/or stunting.

Keke looked quick with that double move there. Watching a little bit of him on YouTube, I didn’t think he looked special. 

He’s a big guy who’s flashed and has some short area athleticism that makes him intriguing on the next level. 

He seems better than the usual 5th round pick. Hopefully he finds a nich so him and Lowry can make moving on from Daniels painless.