Week 1 GDT: Stillers at Da Brahnz

LETSGOBROWNIES

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Haha, I can relate though.

I'm between 6'0-6'1 and my wife is 5'11. When she puts on heels she's got an inch or two on me.

I hate it lol.

i'm the human equivalent of a pitbull or an english bulldog. 5'6", strong and stout but def drink too much beer and eat too much food that tastes good.  very hard to knock over in the pit

i dont mind so much that shes taller than me in heels.  just wish i could reach high shelves lol

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i'm the human equivalent of a pitbull or an english bulldog. 5'6", strong and stout but def drink too much beer and eat too much food that tastes good.  very hard to knock over in the pit

i dont mind so much that shes taller than me in heels.  just wish i could reach high shelves lol

Hmmm I'm probably an Australian Shepherd. Fast enough to outrun the big dogs and smart enough to confuse the pitbulls and english bulldogs of the world.

Hogan probably earned the backup role and I'm a fan but he threw 2 picks in 26 attempts while Kessler threw 2 in 195 attempts. Very limited action but a 90 something rating compared to a 30 something rating last year in games that mattered. Hopefully neither see a snap though.

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hogan probably earned the backup role and I'm a fan but he threw 2 picks in 26 attempts while Kessler threw 2 in 195 attempts. Very limited action but a 90 something rating compared to a 30 something rating last year in games that mattered. Hopefully neither see a snap though.

I feel like you and I are the last two Kessler fans.

Like you said though, hopefully neither he or Hogan see the field.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel like you and I are the last two Kessler fans.

Like you said though, hopefully neither he or Hogan see the field.

I still support Kessler .

Reminds me of a more athletic Sipe.

Dnk what bug Hue has up his butt about him.

If it's wooden adherence to his ideal of a QB, Hue is an ***.

If it's something else, Hue is worse than an ***.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What do have up your butt about Hue?

Too politically correct, too coy and at least sometimes disingenuous.

Not to mention that he has not delivered jack yet.

Still not convinced that he is "the guy".

Good politician (oxymoron) does not equal good or winningHC.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

You ever seen a morbidly obese pug? That's what I bring to the table.:x Sexy right? Either way, congrats. I've been married 6 years, together 10. I wouldn't choose anyother life, but if she ever leaves, I'll NEVER marry again. MGTOW for life.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

I still support Kessler .

Reminds me of a more athletic Sipe.

Dnk what bug Hue has up his butt about him.

If it's wooden adherence to his ideal of a QB, Hue is an ***.

If it's something else, Hue is worse than an ***.

lol

More athletic Sipe? Based on what? He's small and has a pop gun attached to his shoulder, sure, but he's the least athletic QB we have had since Weeden.

Don't ever change, bruce. Keep finding those weird hills to die on.

6 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

lol

More athletic Sipe? Based on what? He's small and has a pop gun attached to his shoulder, sure, but he's the least athletic QB we have had since Weeden.

He isn't a terrible athlete. Brings more than a guy like Hoyer. It will probably go away with age and isn't going to make him successful in the NFL but he has decent movement.

His arm is pathetic and I believe that is what Hue cares about. He wants to attack downfield and Cody can't beat CBs with his arm the WR will have to beat CBs and frankly we don't have that type of WR on the team. Kizer has the ability to throw a WR open, if he can be accurate enough. Hogan is still a crapshoot. I'd definitely start Kessler before Hogan because he proved he could compete in this league even with a weak arm. In a different system Kessler could be an average starting QB because he plays smart and is usually accurate. He doesn't have those Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy WTF throws.

As a backup who may be able to come in and bring a different element in the event Kizer is benched maybe Hogan can provide that spark. Actually starting for a few games I'd give the nod to Kessler.

10 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

lol

In an attempt to decipher your invective, Sipe was 6'1'/195 lbs. He could not run. Kessler can. That's in part because Kessler is 6'1'+ and 215. Kessler's pop gun is as good or better than Sipe's was. His accuracy is comparable. The fact (if it is) that he is the least athletic since Weeden the waste is irrelevant in the context of the post.

Don't ever change, Ditch. Keep hating and digging yourself into it.

The Kessler stuff is simple to me....Cody in college and last year was exceptional (more so in college) at getting the ball out quickly.

If Cody plays with pristine timing and anticipation (like Chad Pennington and Rich Gannon at their best; or Kessler in spots last year), then he is able to play at a high level just like those others with weaker arms...

If Cody is not confident, eats/holds the ball,and does get rid of the ball early....he looks like a weak armed third string QB at best. 

All the qualities that Cody had last year (processing and getting the ball out quick) he did not improve or elevate. Coming out of USC, he was the number 1 QB in terms of time to get the ball out. That was the case even though he did not play in a quick spread attack, but a push it down the field attack.

Those qualities are probably what the FO thought were a good skill set to build on. He was taken late 3rd and based on Sashi and Hue's presser it was a concession to Hue b/c other QBs were coming off the board fast like Jacoby Brisset etc. They probably really targeted Kessler in the mid to late 4th.

Cody has to get back to things that allow weaker armed QBs to succeed....without timing, anticipation, and getting the ball out quick his lack of arm talent and minimal athleticism is glaring..

I still believe in Cody, but he has to center himself and get back to where he was at least last year (he's human like us the pressure was a lot for a 2nd year guy; he has to rise to the occasion in the future).

Once back to that centered focused and confident place, he has to continue to build and grow if he has a chance to do anything else in this league.

I believe he can.

Archived