Week 1 GDT: Stillers at Da Brahnz

LETSGOBROWNIES

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

In an attempt to decipher your invective, Sipe was 6'1'/195 lbs. He could not run. Kessler can. That's in part because Kessler is 6'1'+ and 215. Kessler's pop gun is as good or better than Sipe's was. His accuracy is comparable. The fact (if it is) that he is the least athletic since Weeden the waste is irrelevant in the context of the post.

Don't ever change, Ditch. Keep hating and digging yourself into it.

If acknowledging the obvuous shortcomings of an undertalanded player is considered hating, consider me guilty as charged. 

Cody Kessler is just not a very good QB. He's the 3rd best QB on the Browns. That fact should be obvious to all who watched this preseason, except those who hold a grudge against the man whose responsibility it is to decide that order. (The same man who made Cody QB1 going in to the offseason, mind you).

13 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hogan probably earned the backup role and I'm a fan but he threw 2 picks in 26 attempts while Kessler threw 2 in 195 attempts. Very limited action but a 90 something rating compared to a 30 something rating last year in games that mattered. Hopefully neither see a snap though.

To me the difference is hogan is a lot more aggressive as a passer. He is going to make more plays but also throw more picks. 

Hogan is willing to grip it and rip it. We saw him make some plays in the preseason like that . With Kessler, he doesnt turn the ball over but with playing it safe he will leaves plays on the field, plays the offense really needs. 

Game Predictions:  

Score: Browns 28 ---- Steelers 42

Deshone Kizer's Stats: 19-38 298 yards; 3TDs; 3 INTs; 6 sacks

Deshone Kizer's play notes: Despite a rough start due to indecisiveness and rough RT (Shon Coleman) play the stats don't tell the whole story as Kizer battles and puts the ball in good places for plays to be made but WRs and TEs don't capitalize on the opportunities.

Offensive Highlights: Zane Gonzalez' leg, Duke Johnson in the passing game, and David Njoku makes plays late in garbage time that elevates him over Devalve and Telfer the following week.

Defensive Highlights: Jabrill Peppers (4PBUs and a few hustle plays on defense) and Carl Nassib (Knock downs and 1.5 sacks)

Things everyone will realize after the game that have us concerned going forward

• Our CBs cannot disrupt routes at the lines due to 2 of 3 of our starters having nickel corner bodies with short arms that can't press and stab to throw off WR balance at the line. All the optimism about our corners will go out the window when they realize we have Jason Mccourty who played worse than an injured Joe Haden according to all metrics/analytics as well as Titans fan testimony, Jamar Taylor who struggled with ball awareness and double moves last year and is more of a nickel, and Boddy-Calhoun who is a small short armed nickel player physicality, press man ability at the line, and poor eye discipline at times. The CBs will fight, battle, and compete, but just won't have enough.
    • --- see AJ Green's (in his own words) players tribune piece on why Joe Haden was one of the top corners he ever played against due to his long arms and control of the WR at the line. https://www.theplayerstribune.com/aj-green-5-best-cornerbacks-nfl/
    • Without disrupting the route in press with physicality our CBs also don't have the speed or composure to defend plays down the field.
  • Shon Coleman is probably not the guy
  •  Our team is young; QB is young and it is going to be a long season.
  • This teams upper limits in terms of Wins is 5 games.
  • Kizer responds well in adversity and makes some big time plays
  •  Hue still needs to depend on the run more

I think you are way off mind, we will know soon. I expect something like 23 to 10 Steelers.  Our offense is going to be very stagnant with a 21 year old rookie qb vs one of the best, most aggressive, most exotic defenses in the nfl.

i think our D will really step up though and surprise.  The steelers will get their scores, but it will not be an easy ride for them.

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Game Predictions:  

Score: Browns 28 ---- Steelers 42

Deshone Kizer Stats': 19-38 298 yards; 3TDs; 3 INTs; 6 sacks

Deshone Kizer's play notes: Despite a rough start due to indecisiveness and rough RT (Shon Coleman) play the stats don't tell the whole story as Kizer battles and puts the ball in good places for plays to be made but WRs and TEs don't capitalize on the opportunities.

Offensive Highlights: Zane Gonzalez' leg, Duke Johnson in the passing game, and David Njoku makes plays late in garbage time that elevates him over Devalve and Telfer the following week.

Defensive Highlights: Jabrill Peppers (4PBUs and a few hustle plays on defense) and Carl Nassib (Knock downs and 1.5 sacks)

Things everyone will realize after the game that have us concerned going forward

• Our CBs cannot disrupt routes at the lines due to 2 of 3 of our starters having nickel corner bodies with short arms that can't press and stab to throw off WR balance at the line. All the optimism about our corners will go out the window when they realize we have Jason Mccourty who played worse than an injured Joe Haden according to all metrics/analytics as well as Titans fan testimony, Jamar Taylor who struggled with ball awareness and double moves last year and is more of a nickel, and Boddy-Calhoun who is a small short armed nickel player physicality, press man ability at the line, and poor eye discipline at times. The CBs will fight, battle, and compete, but just won't have enough.
    • --- see AJ Green's (in his own words) players tribune piece on why Joe Haden was one of the top corners he ever played against due to his long arms and control of the WR at the line. https://www.theplayerstribune.com/aj-green-5-best-cornerbacks-nfl/
    • Without disrupting the route in press with physicality our CBs also don't have the speed or composure to defend plays down the field.
  • Shon Coleman is probably not the guy
  •  Our team is young; QB is young and it is going to be a long season.
  • This teams upper limits in terms of Wins is 5 games.
  • Kizer responds well in adversity and makes some big time plays
  •  Hue still needs to depend on the run more

Definitely a Steeler fan.  24-17 Browns--highlights are Kizer beasting vs. the overrated PIT secondary, Zeitler looking worth the money, Dayes looking better than Crowe in limited snaps, Dayes TD.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Our offense is going to be very stagnant with a 21 year old rookie qb vs one of the best, most aggressive, most exotic defenses in the nfl.

Yeah I think you are way off on that. They are solid, or were last year but they are average at best with some serious flaws. They can certainly be beat in the passing game as they were towards the bottom of the league in completion percentage against and gave up 4.3 per carry on the ground and that exceeded what they were projected to do. They didn't give up many TDs so they do better inside the 20s than in the middle of the field but still, very average.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

I think you are way off mind, we will know soon. I expect something like 23 to 10 Steelers.  Our offense is going to be very stagnant with a 21 year old rookie qb vs one of the best, most aggressive, most exotic defenses in the nfl.

i think our D will really step up though and surprise.  The steelers will get their scores, but it will not be an easy ride for them.

How in the world am I way off....help me understand

Offense----

QB---Big Ben

WR----top 2 or 3 WR in the league with the fastest physical freak in the league besides Julio Jones..Martavis Bryant, Antonio Brown, Eli Rogers, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Heyward-Bey, Justin Hunter (corps has everything....Speed, size, power, precise route runner)

TE----Vance Mcdonald & Jesse James Steady pass catchers)

OLs-----Strong at every position except LT

RB-- Leveon Bell arguably the best in the league and James Connor who was a beast in preseason snaps

Defense---

DL---Tuitt, Hargrave (Best rookie NT), Heyward -- 3rd best 34 DL in the league

LB---Shazier (Most dynamic and most athletic LB in the league when healthy)

OLB---TJ Watt and old man Logan James Harrison...also bud dupree if he is healthy enough to play

CB--Artie Burns was a beast last year, Joe Haden is the wildcard...will be motivated and isn't playing against stellar WRs

FS----Mike Mitchell is a good player

SS---Sean Davis is meh and serviceable

34 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Definitely a Steeler fan.  24-17 Browns--highlights are Kizer beasting vs. the overrated PIT secondary, Zeitler looking worth the money, Dayes looking better than Crowe in limited snaps, Dayes TD.

There's no team on earth other than TTUN that I dislike more than the steelers and I'm an OSU alum.

Who exactly are the WRs that are going to allow Kizer to beast...

I love the browns but these close game predictions are fantasy at its best...

30 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

How in the world am I way off....help me understand

Offense----

QB---Big Ben

WR----top 2 or 3 WR in the league with the fastest physical freak in the league besides Julio Jones..Martavis Bryant, Antonio Brown, Eli Rogers, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Heyward-Bey, Justin Hunter (corps has everything....Speed, size, power, precise route runner)

TE----Vance Mcdonald & Jesse James Steady pass catchers)

OLs-----Strong at every position except LT

RB-- Leveon Bell arguably the best in the league and James Connor who was a beast in preseason snaps

Defense---

DL---Tuitt, Hargrave (Best rookie NT), Heyward -- 3rd best 34 DL in the league

LB---Shazier (Most dynamic and most athletic LB in the league when healthy)

OLB---TJ Watt and old man Logan James Harrison...also bud dupree if he is healthy enough to play

CB--Artie Burns was a beast last year, Joe Haden is the wildcard...will be motivated and isn't playing against stellar WRs

FS----Mike Mitchell is a good player

SS---Sean Davis is meh and serviceable

There's no team on earth other than TTUN that I dislike more than the steelers and I'm an OSU alum.

Who exactly are the WRs that are going to allow Kizer to beast...

I love the browns but these close game predictions are fantasy at its best...

well your defensive points pretty much sum up my statement about our offense.  My statement about our defense is not about their offense, but literally about our defense.  I like our guys.

That said, Bell could have rust, its not like he has been there working with the team.  Ben could be tired, and a little less motivation.  It is the Browns after all, and he contemplated retirement.

Archived