Week 1 GDT: Stillers at Da Brahnz

LETSGOBROWNIES

20 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Freak accident what can you say

not the end of the world

Exactly!

I think he comes back week5. High ankle sprains are a ******. Doesn't matter if you do yoga or all the stretching in the  world.

ill never forgot my senior year was ruined because basically the first practice for week1 we had someone being a moron on the scout team defense and they knocked our RB to the ground because the play was blew dead. The RB landed right on the ankle of our QB and gave him a high ankle sprain. Dude was our QB and MLB.  He was actually being recruited by D1 schools for LB and wanted early game tape on him. He missed the first 4weeks. All schools lost interest in him and he went to a D2 school. He was a great AAU player, did ankle band work every day before he got his ankles taped but none of that helped in stopping the high ankle sprain

15 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

So it begins again. I have seen this story before. Pittsburgh wins 34-10 to crush any confidence we had before the season starts. That is my game prediction. Season prediction 3-13 and lets all hope that d-bag Jimmy Haslam doesn't do dumb things like Jimmy Haslam do(at least in the football world, cannot deny his accomplishment in the business world). Keep Hue and Greg together with some more added young ammo and try again in 2018.

I was predicting 31-10 before Garrett went down. I don't think the score will be much worse. I do think the vibe will be much worse as it has in so many games with the Steelers the actually beat down being much worse than the score shows which I see happening again this week. I foresee a lot of classless fun at the Browns expense because the Steelers are that much better and have no respect for the Browns they can pretty much do what they want.

mshckd.gif

Don't be such a Debbie Downer. This ship is turning! Browns win 24-16. 

14 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

My response when I saw he was getting an MRI...

no.gif

But a high ankle sprain isn't too bad. Stinks we won't get to see him until week 5ish, but we'll survive.

Something Happened today that made me feel like our team is turning.....I am sure going to Miss Garrett Starting of his career with a bang....after seeing him in the preseason, I am pretty sure this kid is going to look like a 1rst round talent and top overall pick in the draft....

I am still excited to see our DE rotation of Ogbah, Nassib, Orchard and Holmes....all are second year guys (except Orchard who went on IR in game 1 or 2 last year..so essentially he's a 2nd year guy also...) their Sr. years in college (and I know its the NFL) these cats combined to sack the QB  64.5 times in a season.....I think Greg Williams deploying these guys is going to be pretty interesting....

So... we still have 4 QB's on the roster.  I still can't believe it will stay that way, even for this weekend.  Drop one tomorrow, and bring up a DB from the practice squad?  I'd say there's a decent chance that happens.

They must REALLY not want to lose any of them.

25 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

So... we still have 4 QB's on the roster.  I still can't believe it will stay that way, even for this weekend.  Drop one tomorrow, and bring up a DB from the practice squad?  I'd say there's a decent chance that happens.

They must REALLY not want to lose any of them.

I wonder if they've had some interest from other teams in either Hogan or Kessler (my guess) and they're willing to move him if they get their price, which hasn't obviously been met yet?

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wonder if they've had some interest from other teams in either Hogan or Kessler (my guess) and they're willing to move him if they get their price, which hasn't obviously been met yet?

yeah i think the colts want to see how bad scott tolzien is week 1

I know it's pretty much the theme for our season, but we are gonna have some serious short-term pain here.  I love the youth movement, but man, are we gonna have a lot of mental errors from young players.  It will probably take Antonio Brown all of 30 seconds to get in the end zone.

Long-term, I am bullish.  I am just dreading the first handful of games.  I predict a thorough thrashing by the Stillers.  Please prove me wrong, Browns.

It's not time to panic by any means, but there has to be at least some health concerns with Garrett. He's had foot and ankle issues dating back to college and throughout his small Browns stint. Could be a few 'freak' things. Or, could be that he has chronic issues there. Looking forward to hopefully seeing him back out there after the first quarter of the season. First and foremost though, as much as I want to see him ASAP, you can't put him out there too soon and jeopardize his future.

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It's not time to panic by any means, but there has to be at least some health concerns with Garrett. He's had foot and ankle issues dating back to college and throughout his small Browns stint. Could be a few 'freak' things. Or, could be that he has chronic issues there. Looking forward to hopefully seeing him back out there after the first quarter of the season. First and foremost though, as much as I want to see him ASAP, you can't put him out there too soon and jeopardize his future.

3 ankle injuries in under a year is definitely concerning.

Hopefully none of them are to the same ankle.

Archived