Week 1 GDT: Stillers at Da Brahnz

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

An interesting tidbit, one of the NFL network guys picked the Browns to upset this week, and they listed us as the biggest underdogs of any match ups in week one.  I think it was 8.5 point underdogs.

Are they picking us to win straight up or to cover the spread?

Sucks...he's young...hopefully it's no more than 4-5 weeks so he can still get meaningful experience this year. Joey Bosa missed about 5 weeks last year and was able to still be a force.

Carl Nassib and Nate Orchard...let's go...

Releasing Sterup and sign back Tyrone Holmes...makes even more sense now

Staying positive instead of snowballing. Maybe he'll play through it like last year just be limited. Even if he doesn't play Nassib is GWill's type of player, Orchard and Holmes both made plays in the preseason. There are also a lot of blitzes. Besides, this game more than likely comes down to Kizer. He puts points on the board and the defense is going to be amped up.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

So who starts?  Nassib or Orchard?  I am leaning toward Orchard as I think he may be a bit better suited.  Both are capable fill ins though I think.

One thing I noticed in the game Orchard played in, before he got the booboo on his groin, was the size and strength he had added in the off season. When he played LB he slimmed down for the coverage aspect, but that lack of bulk and strength was counterproductive to his pass rush. Dudes not fast enough to be a speed rusher. If he's got no butt behind him to apply a strength element to his rushing, well you've seen the results. Orchard is at his best playing End, using strength with flexibility and quickness, not speed. Hope he shows that this season and stays healthy.

Archived