> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

There's a difference between an "overall WR prospect big board", and a "what WR prospect is best for the Philadelphia Eagles big board". I think some people are really confusing the two. You'll never ever convince me that Justin Jefferson is the 4th best WR prospect for the Eagles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

There's a difference between an "overall WR prospect big board", and a "what WR prospect is best for the Philadelphia Eagles big board". I think some people are really confusing the two. You'll never ever convince me that Justin Jefferson is the 4th best WR prospect for the Eagles.

Any wr prospect is good for the eagles. You pick who you think will have the best career. I think van Jefferson is going to be one of the best wideouts in the draft in the pros. If we can get him and Jefferson we’d be good.

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Any wr prospect is good for the eagles. You pick who you think will have the best career. I think van Jefferson is going to be one of the best wideouts in the draft in the pros. If we can get him and Jefferson we’d be good.

To a certain extent, but when you build your team to be in 12 personnel, it’s kind of a goofy decision to take a Slot receiver w/ moderate athleticism. Because you’re going to still need better guys on the outside. Because our 12 has been failing without those guys.

Could Justin Jefferson go out there? Sure. And he wouldn’t be a garbage fire probably. But he doesn’t have to speed and athleticism (suddenness) to win a ton, nor does he have the strength, body and height to win consistently either. And if we are in 12 like 65-70% of the time, that would be the bulk of his usage.

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

To a certain extent, but when you build your team to be in 12 personnel, it’s kind of a goofy decision to take a Slot receiver w/ moderate athleticism. Because you’re going to still need better guys on the outside. Because our 12 has been failing without those guys.

Could Justin Jefferson go out there? Sure. And he wouldn’t be a garbage fire probably. But he doesn’t have to speed and athleticism (suddenness) to win a ton, nor does he have the strength, body and height to win consistently either. And if we are in 12 like 65-70% of the time, that would be the bulk of his usage.

Our scheme is still 3 wideouts. Our team isn’t going to run 12 mainly. Maybe just goaline. We did horrible running 12 last season. That’s why I want to trade a tightend so we don’t get stuck paying two. Trade Ertz when his value is high, but I doubt they’d split Ertz and Wentz up 

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Our scheme is still 3 wideouts. Our team isn’t going to run 12 mainly. Maybe just goaline. We did horrible running 12 last season. That’s why I want to trade a tightend so we don’t get stuck paying two. Trade Ertz when his value is high, but I doubt they’d split Ertz and Wentz up 

we did horribly in it because we had no one on the outside who could win with speed or strength. They were slow and just would get bottled up.

For at least the next two years we will have two top 10 tightends on this team. Barring a trade.
Seems to me the plan is make the best offense you can that lets you utilize those two.

We play 3 wide plenty...just not getting the most bang for your buck by taking a guy who isn't going to be great in both 11 and 12 personnel.
Guys who can are just more valuable to us than J.Jefferson is. There are solid slot guys we can take leter if we want to add one.

It's not the end of the world if we take him, he's a solid player. But we are still going to be in the hunt for other guys who will win outside more.
When we eventually get that guy Jefferson will be what? Like the 3rd option? Maybe even 4th to Miles. Why would Wentz go with him in those central parts of the field when he has Ertz & Goedert?

• Like 1

We were horrible playing two TEs because we had no WRs...We can't evaluate the FO board going off previous year 

We have no clue what the "refined" offense is going to look like with the addition of all the coaches. 

I fully expect them to go off their board. If its Jefferson let's hope all these offensive minds can put whomever in the best position.  

There are plenty of outside X types in this draft, I don't think there are many slot types who are as big as Jefferson is. Can Jefferson play Z in 12? Yes. I'm fully expecting a couple picks to be WRs what type of WRs will be determined later.

I personally would like them to move away from all the shotgun runs/spread looks and run more 12 because that should be a strength with our OL. However we could be looking at a different OL in two years

Dillard-Herbig-Seumalo-Pryor-Lane

Edited by nlesthought

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

we did horribly in it because we had no one on the outside who could win with speed or strength. They were slow and just would get bottled up.

For at least the next two years we will have two top 10 tightends on this team. Barring a trade.
Seems to me the plan is make the best offense you can that lets you utilize those two.

We play 3 wide plenty...just not getting the most bang for your buck by taking a guy who isn't going to be great in both 11 and 12 personnel.
Guys who can are just more valuable to us than J.Jefferson is. There are solid slot guys we can take leter if we want to add one.

It's not the end of the world if we take him, he's a solid player. But we are still going to be in the hunt for other guys who will win outside more.
When we eventually get that guy Jefferson will be what? Like the 3rd option? Maybe even 4th to Miles. Why would Wentz go with him in those central parts of the field when he has Ertz & Goedert?

I’m sorry but I’m not drafting somebody just because he plays outside Vs the better wide out... could get that in a different round. I can Def see van Jefferson being better then mims as a pro. Mims speed doesn’t really show up on tape, I’m worry of a guy that goes from a 3-4th to a first rounder based on testing... he also doesn’t run tht great of routes, while Jefferson is among the best in route running, he was just stunted by Qb play.

7 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Mims speed doesn’t really show up on tape, I’m worry of a guy that goes from a 3-4th to a first rounder based on testing...

Really because most scouts disagree with you. Even said he was a deep threat even before the combine or Senior Bowl.