> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, AustrianEagle said:

should we hope for a "slow" 40 from ruggs so that he can fall to us, like a 4.28 or something?

With all the technology in video analysis now, teams know exactly how fast guys run in game situations.  A slow 40 time will not have the kind of effect it used to have.  

What the Eagles need is the board to fall their way.  Hopefully it won’t be a repeat of the draft from 2017 where Davis, Williams, and Ross went #5, 7, and 9 overall.  It would be much better if either Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs is still on the board at pick #14 or later — that would be realistic in a trade-up scenario IMO

If the top 3 are gone by #14 or 15, I wouldn’t be that upset with Shenault or Reagor.  If Reagor runs low 4.3s at the combine that could move him into the first round

34 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

With all the technology in video analysis now, teams know exactly how fast guys run in game situations.  A slow 40 time will not have the kind of effect it used to have.  

What the Eagles need is the board to fall their way.  Hopefully it won’t be a repeat of the draft from 2017 where Davis, Williams, and Ross went #5, 7, and 9 overall.  It would be much better if either Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs is still on the board at pick #14 or later — that would be realistic in a trade-up scenario IMO

If the top 3 are gone by #14 or 15, I wouldn’t be that upset with Shenault or Reagor.  If Reagor runs low 4.3s at the combine that could move him into the first round

If Lamb is there at 14 or even Jeudy, I'd trade up for them. Ruggs, only as high as 18.

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I wouldn't mind trading up to 16 if Cooper doesn't sign with Dallas. They'll need a WR as badly as we do if he leaves.

Man, they spit the bed giving in to Elliott 2 years early; should have let that turd rot in Mexico.  Paying RBs and LBs big extensions, while having to tag your QB and WR1 doesn’t make a lot of sense 

All the measurements that matter:

Brandon Aiyuk                           WR 5-11 5/8"    205 9 6/8" 33 4/8" 80" Arizona State
Lynn Bowden                        WR 5-10 5/8"   204 9 6/8" 30 7/8" 74" Kentucky
Antonio Gandy-Golden     WR 6-4"          223 9 5/8" 31 6/8" 77" Liberty
KJ Hamler                                       WR   5-8 5/8"       178     9 3/8"    30 6/8" 72 4/8" Penn State
Tee Higgins                          WR 6-3 5/8"    216 9 2/8" 34 1/8" 81" Clemson
Justin Jefferson                  WR 6-1 2/8"     202 9 1/8" 33" 78" LSU
Van Jefferson                         WR 6-1 4/8" 200 9 1/8" 32 6/8" 77 1/8" Florida
Jerry Jeudy                           WR 6-1"          193 9 4/8" 32 1/8" 76" Alabama
Denzel Mims                                   WR 6-2 7/8" 207     9 3/8"     33 7/8" 78 4/8" Baylor
CeeDee Lamb WR 6-1 5/8"        198 9 2/8" 32 2/8" 76 5/8" Oklahoma
Jalen Reagor                       WR 5-10 5/8" 206 9 4/8" 31 3/8" 74 3/8" TCU
Henry Ruggs III                            WR 5-11"           188    10 1/8" 30 4/8" 74 4/8" Alabama
Laviska Shenault Jr. WR 6-0 5/8" 227 9" 31 7/8" 76 2/8" Colorado

Thought Bowden would be closer to 6'0" and Shenault would be closer to 6'2". The rest are what I more or less assumed.

Higgins' long arms are nice bonus. Same goes for Ruggs hand size. Already knew Aiyuk and Mims were good to go in the arms and hands department from the SB weigh in. Hamler has good hand size for his height. Gandy-Golden's arms shrank .5" since the senior bowl. Probably just means his weenie got bigger and we still need to draft him. Bowden and Reagor are basically the same size, along with the Jefferson's mirroring each other. Shenault is basically the exact same size as Antonio Gibson.

Lamb and Jeudy are also basically the same size, but Lamb seemed lankier to me when watching them, despite weighing 5 more lbs. Must be that 5/8" height difference.

If Higgins runs 4.4, I'm all aboard, but I don't think he will.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

2YPdI65.png

If we focused on linebacker before the draft this could be good.

Im still pretty out on Laviska in the 1st unless we drop down a bit and got added value for the pick. The only thing since the end of the season that’s really loosened that stance is adding Scangarello and some of the new ways the offense might evolve. Like him way less than Deebo Samuel, who operated in that same role he’d need to shine. And Deebo went round 2, with less options at WRs in his draft. Both had injury problems too in college, though Laviska seems to get way more nagging type injuries. 

Dugger is a really interesting guy athletically, but don’t a lot of people talk about him as a more box/Nickelbacker type? I mean I think his skillset is a nice addition regardless. Especially if we are missing on McKinney & Delpit. Looking forward to Marquand Manuel getting a handful of rookies and developing them, hopefully he was the guy who did that for the Atlanta DBs.

Wasnt Hall like a 1st rounder last year? Seems like he’s just gotten lower and lower. Would be solid in the 3rd.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Im still pretty out on Laviska in the 1st unless we drop down a bit and got added value for the pick. The only thing since the end of the season that’s really loosened that stance is adding Scangarello and some of the new ways the offense might evolve. Like him way less than Deebo Samuel, who operated in that same role he’d need to shine. And Deebo went round 2, with less options at WRs in his draft. Both had injury problems too in college, though Laviska seems to get way more nagging type injuries. 

Dugger is a really interesting guy athletically, but don’t a lot of people talk about him as a more box/Nickelbacker type? I mean I think his skillset is a nice addition regardless. Especially if we are missing on McKinney & Delpit. Looking forward to Marquand Manuel getting a handful of rookies and developing them, hopefully he was the guy who did that for the Atlanta DBs.

Wasnt Hall like a 1st rounder last year? Seems like he’s just gotten lower and lower. Would be solid in the 3rd.

I've seen hall in the first in some mocks i took him because he was still there in the tdn mock. 

I'm mostly just trying to take different names. To see different scenarios. 

Edited by ninjapirate