> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I know I said I wouldn't do another but was checking to see how TDN's rankings have changed. 

21 Delpit S LSU

53 Higgins WR Clemson

85 Mims WR Baylor

117 Woodward LB Utah St

148 Onwenu OG Mich

150 AJ Green CB OKla St

This would be fantastic. Assuming we can get a good CB in free agency.

29 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Who all thinks Darnay Holmes is a slot CB only? TDN assessments say he'd be best as a boundary CB and was one of very few CB to hold his own downfield vs Hollywood Brown.

Heard a lot of good things and I think I heard he hates Chip...so he’s welcome here

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Heard a lot of good things and I think I heard he hates Chip...so he’s welcome here

Right, I'm just trying to weed out the slot CB prospects since we have a quality duo there in Maddox and LeBlanc. I think Holmes can and should be drafted to play outside. He has that feisty bulldog mentality that we like.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Right, I'm just trying to weed out the slot CB prospects since we have a quality duo there in Maddox and LeBlanc. I think Holmes can and should be drafted to play outside. He has that feisty bulldog mentality that we like.

Darnay Holmes is at the top of my 3rd round CB wants.

50 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Surely by ¨we¨you don´t mean the Eagles FO. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Ha. I saw on one of his clips he locked up JJAW in the RZ so he must be legit. 

EDIT: Seriously speaking, he's 5'10, Schwartz ain't looking at him on the outside unless he's 6' or taller. They moved Maddox to safety prior to him being on the outside IIRC

Edited by nlesthought

21 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Ha. I saw on one of his clips he locked up JJAW in the RZ so he must be legit. 

EDIT: Seriously speaking, he's 5'10, Schwartz ain't looking at him on the outside unless he's 6' or taller. They moved Maddox to safety prior to him being on the outside IIRC

Maddox was moved to safety out of necessity after McLeod went down. There was nobody else. Maddox was moved to the outside over guys like Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas. He's a boundary CB before he's a safety imo.

53 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Maddox was moved to safety out of necessity after McLeod went down. There was nobody else. Maddox was moved to the outside over guys like Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas. He's a boundary CB before he's a safety imo.

They could have moved Douglas to FS...they went with the kid who has more range probably a better athlete (better in space, like a slot CB). I for one would be interested in seeing how the DB room shakes up with a new voice/eyes/motivator. 

21 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

They could have moved Douglas to FS...they went with the kid who has more range probably a better athlete (better in space, like a slot CB). I for one would be interested in seeing how the DB room shakes up with a new voice/eyes/motivator. 

Yeah I'm expecting to see some improvement with Manuel in there now. I love Maddox, idc where he plays as long as he's on the field.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don't want a CB in the draft unless he is a top talent. Otherwise aren't we just added to the meh pile of Douglas and Jones?

I’ll take a one with some elite traits too. Douglas and Jones might be quickly following Darby as ex-eagles next year. 

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I’ll take a one with some elite traits too. Douglas and Jones might be quickly following Darby as ex-eagles next year. 

I’d rather spend the free agent $$ at CB or be committed to taking one 1st or 2nd. What this team needs is high quality outside starters. Douglas and Jones are fine as role players with limited snaps, so i don’t get to excited about adding more role players who are good in limited snaps 

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’d rather spend the free agent $$ at CB or be committed to taking one 1st or 2nd. What this team needs is high quality outside starters. Douglas and Jones are fine as role players with limited snaps, so i don’t get to excited about adding more role players who are good in limited snaps 

It's not impossible to find high quality outside CBs outside of the 1st or 2nd rounds.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <