2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, is it not possible that Gute didn't think the money was worth being spent on those DL options?  Unless you truly believe Gute is sitting on his hands, the lack of movement on the DL indicates to me either that he believes in the DL more than you and I do, OR he's got something in mind.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I already referred to the possibility that he likes Lowry, Lancaster, Adams and Keke more than we do. That's his right as a GM. If he's proven right he comes out smelling like a rose, if not he deserves a lot of criticism as the film easily shows to me that they aren't good enough.

I'll reiterate what I posted before: he has a particular IDL in mind in the draft(probably Davis or Blacklock) and he's waiting for a camp cut or a June 1st cut that probably doesn't disrupt the comp pick formula if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I'll reiterate what I posted before: he has a particular IDL in mind in the draft(probably Davis or Blacklock) and he's waiting for a camp cut or a June 1st cut that probably doesn't disrupt the comp pick formula if I'm not mistaken.

Harrison or Jernigan would not have changed the comp pick formula.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I already referred to the possibility that he likes Lowry, Lancaster, Adams and Keke more than we do. That's his right as a GM. If he's proven right he comes out smelling like a rose, if not he deserves a lot of criticism as the film easily shows to me that they aren't good enough.

I've said this a few times, if Gute thinks he knows more than everyone else regarding this current DL, he's looking at another situation like 2018-safety and 2019-WR when he thought we were "fine" even though everyone and their brother knew we were not, especially in 2018 with Brice at safety. I just don't get the willingness to take those kinds of completely unnecessary risks going into a season. Baffles me. 

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Harrison or Jernigan would not have changed the comp pick formula.

I'm not talking about those two. If he were interested in either, it probably would've happened by now.

Matt Bowen -    The best NFL team fits for the top WRs in the 2020 draft class.

Jerry Jeudy — NYJ
CeeDee Lamb — LV
Tee Higgins — MIN
Denzel Mims — GB
Michael Pittman Jr. — SF
Brandon Aiyuk — CHI
KJ Hamler — MIA
Van Jefferson — DAL

Bill Huber/SI -  Packers Mock Draft 9.0:

First round – LSU LB Patrick Queen: The Packers signed Christian Kirksey in free agency but he’s a giant unknown after missing most of his last two seasons due to injuries. Injuries have derailed former third-round pick Oren Burks, as well. In 14 games (11 starts), Queen had 77 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 9.5 tackles for losses, one interception and three passes defensed. He’s got plenty of speed, a nose for the ball and the skill for coverage
Second round – Connecticut OT Matthew Peart: The native of Jamaica was a four-year starter with 48 career starts at both tackle spots. Lining up at right tackle as a senior, he was first-team all-AAC. He allowed two sacks and seven total pressures. He’s got long arms to keep defenders at bay. He just needs to get stronger.
Third round – Texas WR Devin Duvernay: With the addition of Devin Funchess and the return of Allen Lazard, Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown, the Packers have plenty of height for the perimeter. What they lack is a pure slot. Duvernay finished second in the nation with 104 receptions for 1,387 yards from the slot. He averaged 6.8 yards after the catch.
Fourth round: Florida Atlantic TE Harrison Bryant
Fifth round: Nebraska DT Khalil Davis
Sixth round – Pittsburgh CB Dane Jackson
Sixth round – Miami RB Deejay Dallas
Sixth round: Penn State DT Robert Windsor
Seventh round: Minnesota OLB Carter Coughlin

Seventh round: Virginia WR Joe Reed

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber/SI -  Packers Mock Draft 9.0:

First round – LSU LB Patrick Queen: The Packers signed Christian Kirksey in free agency but he’s a giant unknown after missing most of his last two seasons due to injuries. Injuries have derailed former third-round pick Oren Burks, as well. In 14 games (11 starts), Queen had 77 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 9.5 tackles for losses, one interception and three passes defensed. He’s got plenty of speed, a nose for the ball and the skill for coverage
Second round – Connecticut OT Matthew Peart: The native of Jamaica was a four-year starter with 48 career starts at both tackle spots. Lining up at right tackle as a senior, he was first-team all-AAC. He allowed two sacks and seven total pressures. He’s got long arms to keep defenders at bay. He just needs to get stronger.
Third round – Texas WR Devin Duvernay: With the addition of Devin Funchess and the return of Allen Lazard, Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown, the Packers have plenty of height for the perimeter. What they lack is a pure slot. Duvernay finished second in the nation with 104 receptions for 1,387 yards from the slot. He averaged 6.8 yards after the catch.
Fourth round: Florida Atlantic TE Harrison Bryant
Fifth round: Nebraska DT Khalil Davis
Sixth round – Pittsburgh CB Dane Jackson
Sixth round – Miami RB Deejay Dallas
Sixth round: Penn State DT Robert Windsor
Seventh round: Minnesota OLB Carter Coughlin

Seventh round: Virginia WR Joe Reed

I hate it so much

• Like 2

Lance Zierlein -  When I've spoken with NFL people - especially OL coaches - at some point the topic turns to "How do you have the tackles?"

I've got:
1. J. Wills
2. M. Becton
T3. A. Thomas
T3. T. Wirfs
5. Josh Jones
T6. I. Wilson
T6. Austin Jackson
8. Ezra Cleveland

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Lance Zierlein -  When I've spoken with NFL people - especially OL coaches - at some point the topic turns to "How do you have the tackles?"

I've got:
1. J. Wills
2. M. Becton
T3. A. Thomas
T3. T. Wirfs
5. Josh Jones
T6. I. Wilson
T6. Austin Jackson
8. Ezra Cleveland

I'd be ok with Jackson or Cleveland in the 2nd or 3rd respectively. Cleveland needs to find some nasty in his game, but other than that he's definitely worth the investment. We'll probably be able to get him in the 4th though; TDN seems to think his fundamentals are shoddy in particular. I mean if that's really his only issue, why not?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ezra-cleveland/FlSsLd3jpO

54 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd be ok with Jackson or Cleveland in the 2nd or 3rd respectively. Cleveland needs to find some nasty in his game, but other than that he's definitely worth the investment. We'll probably be able to get him in the 4th though; TDN seems to think his fundamentals are shoddy in particular. I mean if that's really his only issue, why not?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ezra-cleveland/FlSsLd3jpO

EC might not be around at 30.