2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

The positive evaluations on EQ are based on his rookie year performance during the regular season. He showed skills and promise.

He didnt come into last years TC "on the bubble" (as some have theorized). We had about as boring and uneventful a PS as possible for all concerned - and the thought they'd trash strides taken his rookie year for the likes of Kumerow, Davis and/or Sheppard - were laughable.

He far outdistances all three athletically. It not even close.

It's neither here nor there frankly. I remain hopeful he can (once again) build on his rookie performance and be a contributor to our offense. That's all. I think he's got the goods and just needs some decent coaching / mentoring. Where he'll fit in is up in the air and will be affected by who we bring in via the draft.

Far as I'm concerned, he's a welcome member of the WR room.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

The positive evaluations on EQ are based on his rookie year performance during the regular season. He showed skills and promise.

He didnt come into last years TC "on the bubble" (as some have theorized). We had about as boring and uneventful a PS as possible for all concerned - and the thought they'd trash strides taken his rookie year for the likes of Kumerow, Davis and/or Sheppard - were laughable.

He far outdistances all three athletically. It not even close.

It's neither here nor there frankly. I remain hopeful he can (once again) build on his rookie performance and be a contributor to our offense. That's all. I think he's got the goods and just needs some decent coaching / mentoring. Where he'll fit in is up in the air and will be affected by who we bring in via the draft.

Far as I'm concerned, he's a welcome member of the WR room.

I doubt the Packers will give up on EQ or MVS but that won't stop them from drafting probably 2 WR's . So question - if the Packers at 30 can select either Reagor or Mims or Murray who do they pick.  You can throw in OT's Austin Jackson and Josh Jones who do they pick. 5 players available and 1 pick - I think one of the OT's or Murray and draft the WR's later. 

1 minute ago, gizmo2012 said:

I doubt the Packers will give up on EQ or MVS but that won't stop them from drafting probably 2 WR's . So question - if the Packers at 30 can select either Reagor or Mims or Murray who do they pick.  You can throw in OT's Austin Jackson and Josh Jones who do they pick. 5 players available and 1 pick - I think one of the OT's or Murray and draft the WR's later. 

@OneTwoSixFive started an interesting thread on this about the first three rounds of the draft. A whole lot of interesting opinions. 

32 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

I doubt the Packers will give up on EQ or MVS but that won't stop them from drafting probably 2 WR's .

Could be....cant say.

32 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

So question - if the Packers at 30 can select either Reagor or Mims or Murray who do they pick.  You can throw in OT's Austin Jackson and Josh Jones who do they pick. 5 players available and 1 pick - I think one of the OT's or Murray and draft the WR's later. 

Dont know....cant say. I'm taking a back seat to prognosticating what GB will do and player rankings. I've some positional ideas they need to address - but who they select and where - I'll wait till after the fact and look the players up // read the evals on them // then (hopefully) see them on the field for us.

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm really hoping we trade up. I hate the board at 30 right now.

I can't tell if this is a situation where our fans are so focused on our targets that we're overrating them and putting them to teams earlier than they would actually go, or if the board is really going to see 6 Tackles drafted in the first 30 picks. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can't tell if this is a situation where our fans are so focused on our targets that we're overrating them and putting them to teams earlier than they would actually go, or if the board is really going to see 6 Tackles drafted in the first 30 picks. 

It's not even just the tackles. I'm not in love with any of the IDL on the board and I want no part of a 1st round LB. I could live with Jalen Reagor but even that seems like a reach. I want to trade up, land any of the JJ's (Jeudy, Jefferson, Jones) and the rest of the draft wouldn't matter to me.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's not even just the tackles. I'm not in love with any of the IDL on the board and I want no part of a 1st round LB. I could live with Jalen Reagor but even that seems like a reach. I want to trade up, land any of the JJ's (Jeudy, Jefferson, Jones) and the rest of the draft wouldn't matter to me.

The IDL are killing me. 

I'm glad I don't work for the Packers right now because I'm pretty sure I would be looking like this trying to figure out how to trade up for Kinlaw:

Pepe Silvia | Know Your Meme

Josh Jones is the dream pick at this point for me. 

• Like 2