2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

6 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I think Claypool has a big chance of going round 1, anyone else?

It's the draft so nothing would surprise me. He doesn't play to his athletic ability He lumbers when he runs routes. I watched a lot of him at ND and he was always a big guy who could out-muscle a defender, but never were they in fear he'd run by them. 

If he goes in round 1 I sure as hell hope it's not to us!

• Like 2

Three Weeks Out Mock

Cincinnatti: Joe Burrow - Easy pick. Dude looks like a stud.

Miami Trades Up: 5, 39, 70, and next year's 1st and 3rd round picks for #2

Miami: Tua Tagovailoa - Dolphins didn't just sit through that season to not walk away with a franchise player. Can't be sitting at 5 in a 4 player draft. 

Detroit: Chase Young - Best player int he draft at a premium position. Okwara's good, but he's not that good.

NYG: Tristan Wirfs - Dave Gettlemen leans into his base desires and picks his highest rated Tackle.

Washington: Jeff Okudah - They need a Corner. He's the best corner in the class. 

San Diego: Jedrick Willis - The popular pick is going to be a QB here. I'm taking them at their word they're going to run with Tyrod for a year. You can't have Tevi starting at RT.

Carolina: Derrick Brown - Have you seen that DT rotation after Short? Woof

Arizona: Isaiah Simmons - Shockingly solid roster up and down let's them draft BPA. If Kyler Murray doesn't suck, that NFC West is going to be brutal.

Jacksonville: CJ Henderson - Ever break up with a crazy 8 and go looking for a sane and calming 6? CJ Henderson is here to make Jacksonville feel better after Jalen Ramsey broke their heart.

Cleveland: Andrew Thomas - Need Baker Mayfield to play better and Thomas could lock up his protection for a long time. 

NYJ: Mekhi Becton - Need the Tackle to protect Darnold. 

Las Vegas: CeeDee Lamb - There's nothing available at CB here so they end up going WR.

San Francisco: Jerry Jeudy - Torn between Jeudy to fill the hole at WR or Kinlaw to fill the hole at DT.

Tampa Bay: Austin Jackson - Way too early, but this is a roster with very few holes and a window to win now that means filling in. Jackson also fits the Arians offense.

Will be back later. This draft class sucks.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 3:25 PM, gizmo2012 said:

I doubt the Packers will give up on EQ or MVS but that won't stop them from drafting probably 2 WR's . So question - if the Packers at 30 can select either Reagor or Mims or Murray who do they pick.  You can throw in OT's Austin Jackson and Josh Jones who do they pick. 5 players available and 1 pick - I think one of the OT's or Murray and draft the WR's later. 

I would love  Murray so bad in this scenario, but I'd almost look at it as a luxury pick at this point and time because we are so thin at DL and WR; and soon to be depleted or a injury away at OT. So for me it would come down to Jackson or Jones. 

What's the thoughts on AJ Epenesa?  I know he's not a great athlete, but he plays like a great football player.  Of late he's been sliding in mocks and could be an option for the Packers.  I'd probably take him if he's there at #30 .. long athlete who might be a perfect fit for 5T in GB.  

• Like 1