3.94 - Saahdiq Charles | OT | LSU
4.136 - Albert Okwuegbunam | TE | Missouri
5.175 - Justin Strnad | ILB | Wake Forest
6.192 - James Lynch | IDL | Baylor
6.208 - Alex Taylor | OT | South Carolina State
6.209 - James Robinson | RB | Illinois State
7.236 - Cole McDonald | QB | Hawaii
7.242 - Evin Ksiezarcyzk | IOL | Buffalo

Why?  I mean, I like the 3r through James Lynch selections.  But a Love/DPJ to star the draft is disappointing at best.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

If we really wanted to improve the defence there were plenty of options at ILB/DL and CB. All reasonably priced. On the other hand there was short supply of good offensive talent in FA. This team needs more talent on the offensive side of the ball desperately. Our oline is not as good as it used to be and we have two further players entering free agency next year. We are lacking top WR talent and need better TE's. With two RBs free agents as well next year (those I don't mind picking up next years draft) but we desperately need talent on the offence for now and the future and this draft really needs to spend premium picks on them.

Right now, I'd argue we have 3 primary needs.  WR, OT, and DL.  Those should be our first three picks depending on how the board shakes out.

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's not but okay.

I mean, is Jordan Love a guy you'd take with a top 10 pick?  If the answer is no, why would take a QB you don't believe is a franchise QB at 30 when there are players who have similar upside but more reasonably likely to hit their ceiling.  And DPJ would be a worst case scenario at WR.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, is Jordan Love a guy you'd take with a top 10 pick?  If the answer is no, why would take a QB you don't believe is a franchise QB at 30 when there are players who have similar upside but more reasonably likely to hit their ceiling.

Yes. He is. Thanks for coming.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And DPJ would be a worst case scenario at WR

lol whatever you say, big guy. 

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes. He is. Thanks for coming.

lol whatever you say, big guy. 

Can I ask what you see in him that makes him a top 10 pick for you? I just don't see it with him, he's got the physical ability for sure. However, his decision making, his deep ball accuracy and his throwing motion all need work in my opinion. Again, I can see why I a team could like him, but I just don't know that for Green Bay he's "THAT" guy. Ya know? The Packers are in win-now mode and taking a QB with your 1st round pick when you have Aaron Rodgers on an untradeable contract is a bit of a bold move for a team that's looking to get another Championship before he retires. 

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, is Jordan Love a guy you'd take with a top 10 pick?  If the answer is no, why would take a QB you don't believe is a franchise QB at 30 when there are players who have similar upside but more reasonably likely to hit their ceiling.  And DPJ would be a worst case scenario at WR.

This I agree with and I’ve been on the “Take Love if he’s there IF” wagon. If the Packers feel he’s a top 10-15 franchise guy, your right, take him. If not move out. If you can’t move, and he’s not a franchise guy, there are other players you take before him. 

At QB, you need a franchise and a quality backup. You don’t take quality backup in the 1st round. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If you have to take DPJ in round one, you go to another position, even if not a major need. He's not worthy of 1st round consideration IMO. Not even close. 

36 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

This I agree with and I’ve been on the “Take Love if he’s there IF” wagon. If the Packers feel he’s a top 10-15 franchise guy, your right, take him. If not move out. If you can’t move, and he’s not a franchise guy, there are other players you take before him. 

At QB, you need a franchise and a quality backup. You don’t take quality backup in the 1st round. 

The draft is all about projection. It's not how good they are today, but how good can they be. What potential do teams (Packers) see in this guy. I"d rather strike out on a QB than a WR or S for instance. 

Seriously doubt we're going to be worrying about Jordan Love at 30. I think he's going to be gone by then. I just hope the Packers aren't having a similar throught process about Jacob Eason or Jake Fromm at 30. IMO, those are reaches you don't want to make. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

Fanspeak Draft. I and used a CBS rating. Never had a chance at an OT in a round I would have wanted them. I did get some guys I like a lot lower than I thought I would.

Is any of this realistic?

30: R1P30

GRANT DELPIT
LSU
62: R2P30

DL MARLON DAVIDSON
AUBURN
94: R3P30

TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM
MISSOURI
136: R4P30

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME
175: R5P29

WR ANTONIO GIBSON
MEMPHIS
192: R6P13

EDGE ANFERNEE JENNINGS
ALABAMA
208: R6P29

DL LEKI FOTU
UTAH
209: R6P30

LB EVAN WEAVER
CALIFORNIA
236: R7P22

RB A.J. DILLON
BOSTON COLLEGE
242: R7P28

LB AZUR KAMARA
KANSAS

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

@Nick_gb For some reason I can't quote your post but it's flat out tools. Look at his 2018 tape when evaluating him and then tell me he's not a potential franchise guy. He's flawed but he's got the upside. Utah State's system did him no favors.

I agree with you on Love. I’m not taking him, but he’s a stud. Look at 2018, not 2019 when he lost a ton of the offense.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Fanspeak Draft. I and used a CBS rating. Never had a chance at an OT in a round I would have wanted them. I did get some guys I like a lot lower than I thought I would.

Is any of this realistic?

Nah, I think there are several too good to be true bargains using fanspeak.  It's a bad model.

• Like 1