2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That wasn't the question.  If you want to say anyone's better than the guys currently under contract, I wouldn't argue too hard.  But the FA class was wildly overpaid.  Jordan Phillips just got $10M/year, Michael Pierce got $9M/year, Linval Joseph got $8.5M/year, and A'Shawn Robinson got $8.5M.

Must have missed that those were the only 4 FA DL this season.

Anybody wanna talk inside backers? Is grabbing Malik Harrison at pick #62 too early for us? Why isn't Evan Weaver, the Cal kid projected higher, I see him as a kid we could consider in the 3rd or 4th already. 

12 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I absolutely love Justin Jefferson’s YAC ability as well as his ball tracking skills, he always seems like he’s in the right position to make the catch. 

Chase Claypool has a lot more wiggle than I remembered . Catches the ball at its high point. Think if he had a better QB and offensive scheme he would be able to show off his talent and athleticism more. 

I'm very high on Chase Claypool, not sure why he isn't higher on most rankings. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That wasn't the question.  If you want to say anyone's better than the guys currently under contract, I wouldn't argue too hard.  But the FA class was wildly overpaid.  Jordan Phillips just got $10M/year, Michael Pierce got $9M/year, Linval Joseph got $8.5M/year, and A'Shawn Robinson got $8.5M.

Very true. I was shocked that Pierce got $9m per year and wouldn't pay that. However, the last couple of contracts have been much more reasonable. Harris for about $3m and Wolfe for about $3m. Maybe a good sign that a team could get Jernigan or Snacks for a similar deal. Green Bay should be a buyer if so. 

WR is insanely deep.  We're going to find a quality one in R2.  I have no desire to take a WR in R1 at all.  Worst case scenario, make a small move back and then take a WR if you insist on taking a WR.

I'm still WR in Round 1 because I think it adds the most significant, immediate impact to our team. I'm simply not passing on guys like Jefferson, Mims or Reagor when I think about what any of them could instantly add to this team for 2020. 

You could probably sell me on CB as the second choice. I won't be crushed if we take a guy like Blacklock on the DL but I think the value is much better at WR and even CB, where we currently have a hole in the slot without Tramon. 

OT I'm starting to look at in rounds 2 and 3. Still plenty of guys there. We don't need our OT pick to start day 1. We just signed Wagner for that. 

Now all of this being said, this is what "I" would do. I understand that the Packers are probably going to go OT first round, especially if a guy like Josh Jones is there. 

He's okay.  I'm still convinced either he or Brandon Aiyuk will be available at 62.

Someone is going to get a steal with Higgins. His testing numbers weren't great and he'll probably "not be within our metrics" in Green Bay. To me though the guy plays like his former predecessor, DeAndre Hopkins. All Higgins does is make plays and he did it against the best competition in football the last 2-3 years.  

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I'm still WR in Round 1 because I think it adds the most significant, immediate impact to our team. I'm simply not passing on guys like Jefferson, Mims or Reagor when I think about what any of them could instantly add to this team for 2020. 

You could probably sell me on CB as the second choice. I won't be crushed if we take a guy like Blacklock on the DL but I think the value is much better at WR and even CB, where we currently have a hole in the slot without Tramon. 

OT I'm starting to look at in rounds 2 and 3. Still plenty of guys there. We don't need our OT pick to start day 1. We just signed Wagner for that. 

Now all of this being said, this is what "I" would do. I understand that the Packers are probably going to go OT first round, especially if a guy like Josh Jones is there. 

Disagree

NFL "invited" prospects to "attend" the draft via a live stream and I just know that is NOT going to go over well.  Anybody see that video of the lady on a video conference call who decided to use the toilet while on video? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

NFL "invited" prospects to "attend" the draft via a live stream and I just know that is NOT going to go over well.  Anybody see that video of the lady on a video conference call who decided to use the toilet while on video? 

This would have been a great year for Tunsil to be drafted so ESPN could cut live to him blowing a cloud of weed smoke through his gas mask as his name is called. 

• Like 2