2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

I'm a KJ Hill guy. Dude was lesser known because the talent around him, but when said talent got banged him, he proved his worth. He's a physical receiver despite his size as well. Think Greg Jennings with some physicality.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

@AlexGreen#20, @CWood21, this is a serious question.  Is there a way to trade Rodgers and NOT take that cap hit?  How did the Browns do that with Ossweiler.  Isn't there a way that we could stipulate in the trade that the team takes that on? 

Or is there no way out? 

You can negotiate it as part of the trade that the other team takes on X amount of the cap hit

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

You can negotiate it as part of the trade that the other team takes on X amount of the cap hit

You're telling me there's a chance?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

TRADE AARON RODGERS TRADE AARON RODGERS

I wish I could tag every damn single one of you who made fun of me for suggesting we trade Rodgers and for suggesting we fire Pettine.

Since I can't, I'll just settle for the one who did it the most.

No, I won't.  It's a tough loss in the Championship game.  I won't be mean about it.  Everyone here is suffering.  I'll try to be nice.

But you know who you are... Soon, very soon, I'm going to be reminding you how you tried to make fun of me for suggesting we trade Rodgers two years ago.  How does that look now? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think that's what happened with Osweiler. He had a very low signing bonus, the Browns just took on guaranteed salary which you can do because it's money you haven't paid yet.

Aaron had a gigantic signing bonus that was paid by the Packers and therefore will be accounted in the Packers cap whenever he is traded, no way around it that I know of.

• Like 1

Our offseason should be:

*Trade Rodgers for a high second round pick and the other team taking on all the cap hit.  Trade him to the Chargers so he can go back to LA. 
*Sign a veteran receiver.
*Draft IDL in round one, ILB with the Chargers pick and draft a deep threat WR with our second pick. 

Anybody who thinks Rodgers is our future is out of their damn mind.  He is a liability. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@AlexGreen#20, @CWood21, this is a serious question.  Is there a way to trade Rodgers and NOT take that cap hit?  How did the Browns do that with Ossweiler.  Isn't there a way that we could stipulate in the trade that the team takes that on? 

Or is there no way out? 

no way out of that cap hit. it's not coming from guaranteed salary in the future. it's coming from a signing bonus that has already been paid. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I believe that only applies to non-signing bonuses guarantees.  When you look at Spotrac's cap hits for the Texans in 2017, they only have $9M in dead cap which was the amount of leftover from his $12M signing bonus.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

With the 30th pick in the 2020 draft, the Green Bay Packers select the best IDL left.  Unless there’s a significant gap between that IDL and the best ILB left.

You're probably looking at guys like Neville Gallimore, Raekwon Davis, etc.  Not sure they're going to be world beaters as rookies.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Our offseason should be:

*Trade Rodgers for a high second round pick and the other team taking on all the cap hit.  Trade him to the Chargers so he can go back to LA. 
*Sign a veteran receiver.
*Draft IDL in round one, ILB with the Chargers pick and draft a deep threat WR with our second pick. 

Anybody who thinks Rodgers is our future is out of their damn mind.  He is a liability. 

So do you hate Rodgers for getting older, or hate him because you expect the same production with less weapons than he's had in a decade, as he gets older ? Or that he doesn't play ILB too ?

Edited by cannondale