4.Jacob Phillips LB LSU 

5.Darryl Williams C Mississippi State 

6A:Tyler Huntley QB Utah 

6B:Davon Hamilton DL Ohio State

7.Kary Vincent CB LSU

Edited by Rodjahs12

47 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hell no

Can definitely see why people wouldn’t like a TE that early, personally I wouldn’t either but with Kmet I see a 10+ year high end starter so I could get behind it. How’d you feel about this same draft with someone like Biadasz or Cushenberry in the first and a more natural guard in place of Williams in the 5th? Not a huge fan of the value at 30 so lesser positions get more consideration from me.

Edited by Rodjahs12

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Can definitely see why people wouldn’t like a TE that early, personally I wouldn’t either but with Kmet I see a 10+ year high end starter so I could get behind it. How’d you feel about this same draft with someone like Biadasz or Cushenberry in the first and a more natural guard in place of Williams in the 5th? 

Cushenberry just pulled a "not top 2 round grade" from the DAC. Hell no to Cushenberry in the first round.

Hell no to Biadasz to, but that's a less emphatic Hell no. 

Why are you trying to draft TEs and IOL?

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cushenberry just pulled a "not top 2 round grade" from the DAC. Hell no to Cushenberry in the first round.

Hell no to Biadasz to, but that's a less emphatic Hell no. 

Why are you trying to draft TEs and IOL?

I’m just not crazy about anyone I figure to be around at the more obvious positions of need we have right now. 

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’m just not crazy about anyone I figure to be around at the more obvious positions of need we have right now. 

I feel like if you can't find a WR you like in this class, you're not trying very hard.

OT is another one that has a lot of talent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I feel like if you can't find a WR you like in this class, you're not trying very hard.

OT is another one that has a lot of talent. 

That’s why I went with Hamler in the second, huge fan of his if we can’t land Higgins. 

Should be a tackle around but I expect Bulaga to be back with Linsley gone next season or the season after so center was more pressing for me. 

Peter Bukowski -  The Packers liked Drew Lock last year and he would make sense in Matt LaFleur’s offense. Jordan Love elicits Lock comparisons — for good and for ill — and it would make sense for Green Bay to have interest there as well.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  The Packers liked Drew Lock last year and he would make sense in Matt LaFleur’s offense. Jordan Love elicits Lock comparisons — for good and for ill — and it would make sense for Green Bay to have interest there as well.

He regressed badly last year.  You better be sure you're getting 2018 Jordan Love, and not 2019 Jordan Love.

22 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

So, PC, I consider you to be one of the realest of the real on this board, capable of wading into heated discussions with a bit of information or perspective that helps me get my bearings. Your bolded point shocks me a bit. To me, this team has needs everywhere. Gute needs the offseason of his life to get the talent level anywhere near the tiers found on the two SB bound teams. DLine, ILB, WR, and OL need new starters, and even CB and S need depth or starter upgrades. I don't see this team going into the draft with any hope of fixing any of our glaring needs. We suck at drafting receivers. We suck at drafting tight ends. We suck at drafting defensive backs. If we are lucky, FA can only fix two or three spots, and we are due for some bad luck there. 

In the last four years, the Packers have drafted SIX WRs in the draft, but only one of them prior to the 5th round.  The success rate of picking a WR that late is usually below 15%, so if you count ESB or MVS as a "hit" then you're on par with success.  We haven't seriously invested in WRs in years, we're essentially throwing schit at the wall and hoping it sticks.  And for the most part, it hasn't hit.  But that's what happens when you're playing the number games.  You're hoping something sticks.  So no, it's not an indictment on the FO on evaluating the WRs.  You're taking extreme odds that you're going to have success, and pinning it to that.  The Packers did the same thing at RB when they took Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, and Devante Mays in the same draft.  We got a starter (Aaron Jones) and a quality backup (Jamaal Williams).  Likewise, we've drafted ONE TE in the first five rounds since 2014.  One in the last five drafts.  That's minimal investment.  We've invested the same into the punter position in terms of number of picks.  Let that sink in.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Different look for a mock 

1.Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame

2.KJ Hamler WR Penn State 

3.Jordan Elliott DL Missouri 

4.Jacob Phillips LB LSU 

5.Darryl Williams C Mississippi State 

6A:Tyler Huntley QB Utah 

6B:Davon Hamilton DL Ohio State

7.Kary Vincent CB LSU

Horrible draft - where are the OL? TE in 1st round is nuts! Question = what are the Packers top needs in your opinion.

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He regressed badly last year.  You better be sure you're getting 2018 Jordan Love, and not 2019 Jordan Love.

Green Bay is unusual among NFL teams in that they will discount last year's tape if the year before's shows what they want to see, right?   They've spent a few premium picks on guys whose penultimate college season was their best one (Harrell, Montgomery, Clinton-Dix, etc.)