Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

5 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

Both shows last night were a bit disappointing imo

AEW had a excellent womens match between Shida and Baker, the omega and nakazawa vs best friends was very weird and long. The promos for the aew title match next week were very good. Cody and Spears had a decent match but i feel like it could have been better, Not a bad show just a decent show, expected more from them.

I was wondering how they had it filmed since they have enough material to get through May I read. Cody/Spears was a good match. But how many matches might they had wrestled that day? Throwing together matches on the fly with having to leave out much of the stuff that draws crowd pops. Seems to me something that could take a bit of the wind out of what would otherwise be well received matches.

That tag match. Youre right. I thought that match was bad. And I left after a couple mins, went and fixed a bite to eat. Returned and it still was going strong. Boring me to tears. But one thing. The more I see Omega in AEW. The more I think Okada is the GOAT by being able to carry Omega to such incredible matches.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I was wondering how they had it filmed since they have enough material to get through May I read. Cody/Spears was a good match. But how many matches might they had wrestled that day? Throwing together matches on the fly with having to leave out much of the stuff that draws crowd pops. Seems to me something that could take a bit of the wind out of what would otherwise be well received matches.

That tag match. Youre right. I thought that bad. And I left after a couple mins, went and fixed a bite to eat. Returned and it still was going strong. Boring me to tears. But one thing. The more I see Omega in AEW. The more I think Okada is the GOAT by being able to carry Omega to such incredible matches.

Omega was defo not the issue with that match, 100% was the silliness that nakazawa brought with him.

Omega is i think a tad bit overrated, he hasn't gotten over compaired to Cody, Jericho, Moxley or even Hangman as of recent. He needs to turn heel for sure, would make his character way more interesting. A turn from him on hangman after the summer should be on the books, i would love to see a heel omega vs a face cody down the line.

42 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Omega was defo not the issue with that match, 100% was the silliness that nakazawa brought with him.

Omega is i think a tad bit overrated, he hasn't gotten over compaired to Cody, Jericho, Moxley or even Hangman as of recent. He needs to turn heel for sure, would make his character way more interesting. A turn from him on hangman after the summer should be on the books, i would love to see a heel omega vs a face cody down the line.

But Omega did nothing that match that made him seem like he was some star wrestler. He just looked run-of-the-mill as you Colonist say. Even back to the match with Sammy. It was probably the worst match Ive seen either of them in while with AEW.

Would be great if he could heel turn. Develop some new move sets that do the opposite of the crowd pandering move set weve seen for years out of him. Though a few could carry over nicely like the finger gun setup for the vtrigger.

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But Omega did nothing that match that made him seem like he was some star wrestler. He just looked run-of-the-mill as you Colonist say. Even back to the match with Sammy. It was probably the worst match Ive seen either of them in while with AEW.

Would be great if he could heel turn. Develop some new move sets that do the opposite of the crowd pandering move set weve seen for years out of him. Though a few could carry over nicely like the finger gun setup for the vtrigger.

I thought his match with sammy was very good, it was lacking the crowd noise for sure. Omega has been underwhelming but i don't think that necessarily his fault, he worked a great program with moxley, and then has been in the tag division ever since then, when he gets to become the single star whether it be at heel or face then hopefully he will be the star he was in NJPW, i would still give him time.

20 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

I thought his match with sammy was very good, it was lacking the crowd noise for sure.

Thats mainly what I faulted. Omega was doing his same routines, but without a crowd. While weve seen Cody and others make some adjustment in their work to make up for that lack. Add that with the nosells they pulled off. I was just left with thinking both are better than that. Not calling the match bad. I just didnt see it as what theyre capable of or at the level weve seen their other matches.

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think the NXT North American Title is my favorite belt design ever. Just so clean.

woof have u seen the iwgp or aew heavyweight belts? 

iwgp intercontinental and WWE intercontinental with the white are pretty good too. the new IC is probably the worst belt ive ever seen in my life 

winged eagle is probably my favorite of all time, though 

NXT UK has the best designs in WWE for my money. Especially the women's. The world titles in WWE are hideously uncreative.

Edited by Troy Brown

having omega turn on page is likely the only way he'll get heat and you'd probably have to turn the bucks, too. i don't really think it's omega not getting over, i think it's him taking a backseat on purpose. the issue with AEW's fanbase is that we want to cheer for everybody and you gotta ruin cody's head with a gimmick'd chair to get any heat. 

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

having omega turn on page is likely the only way he'll get heat and you'd probably have to turn the bucks, too. i don't really think it's omega not getting over, i think it's him taking a backseat on purpose. the issue with AEW's fanbase is that we want to cheer for everybody and you gotta ruin cody's head with a gimmick'd chair to get any heat. 

Would you be down with Omega and Bucks turning into "The Authority"? Start abusing those VP powers for themselves.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:29 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Edge Orton was the only thing worth a damn. The world title matches were absolute jokes. Goldberg and Brock need to go away for good if all they can do is finishers. Just lazy writing. 

Brock can go just fine, but the word is that he was super pissed that this was still going on so it looks like he put in minimum effort.  I can't say that I blame him.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Would you be down with Omega and Bucks turning into "The Authority"? Start abusing those VP powers for themselves.

i mean is it possible for the bucks to be heels anywhere but japan? it took a near miraculous organic program with adam page turning into absolute gold for the bucks to get heat. i don't think they'll turn omega into a heel, i just think people expect too much from AEW too quickly. Omega will get over and be a star but in time. They've proven they can find the right angles for guys. It's still a brand new company yall 

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Brock can go just fine, but the word is that he was super pissed that this was still going on so it looks like he put in minimum effort.  I can't say that I blame him.  

Also, that was the last match on Goldberg's contract and it had actually been at Goldberg's behest that they have him take the title off The Fiend and carry it into Mania, because his position was that "his fans" saw him as a superhero and superheroes don't lose to the monster.  Given some of the themes that were being tossed around in the Firefly Funhouse, that actually could/would have been a nifty swerve (though I don't know I'd have the confidence in Vince to have pulled the trigger) to have Cena not only go out on his shield putting over/making Bray as the new monster, but to do it while also failing to best Flair's record.

30 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

i mean is it possible for the bucks to be heels anywhere but japan? it took a near miraculous organic program with adam page turning into absolute gold for the bucks to get heat. i don't think they'll turn omega into a heel, i just think people expect too much from AEW too quickly. Omega will get over and be a star but in time. They've proven they can find the right angles for guys. It's still a brand new company yall 

I think the Bucks can. Everyone knows they have creative over the tag division and are VPs with the company. Yell at and replace a ref like Aubry during a match. Lose a match, beat down the other team after and restart it to win. Theres tons they can do in an authority figure role to draw heat and be heels. And theyre built perfect for needing heel tactics.