Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

17 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

woof have u seen the iwgp or aew heavyweight belts? 

iwgp intercontinental and WWE intercontinental with the white are pretty good too. the new IC is probably the worst belt ive ever seen in my life 

winged eagle is probably my favorite of all time, though 

NXT UK has the best designs in WWE for my money. Especially the women's. The world titles in WWE are hideously uncreative.

Yeah, I've seen em. I'm just not a huge fan of the style that the IWGP and AEW belts are. Nothing wrong with them, just think the NA title is better.

As far as the WWE world titles, they need to do something different. It's no fun when all the titles look the same except for the friggin' color. 

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

Also, that was the last match on Goldberg's contract and it had actually been at Goldberg's behest that they have him take the title off The Fiend and carry it into Mania, because his position was that "his fans" saw him as a superhero and superheroes don't lose to the monster.  Given some of the themes that were being tossed around in the Firefly Funhouse, that actually could/would have been a nifty swerve (though I don't know I'd have the confidence in Vince to have pulled the trigger) to have Cena not only go out on his shield putting over/making Bray as the new monster, but to do it while also failing to best Flair's record.

If Cena is as big a fan of Rotunda's character as the dirtsheets would have us believe, I don't think for a second that he would hesitate in doing a job similar to that.  My only question is with movie scheduling and production thrown into turmoil with Covid-19, what does this mean for Cena's wrestling career?  Now all of the sudden he has time.  

I'm still a Goldberg fan from years ago, but if rumors are true, he might have burned his final bridge in WWE by demanding to win against Wyatt.  

On 4/10/2020 at 10:32 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Would you be down with Omega and Bucks turning into "The Authority"? Start abusing those VP powers for themselves.

I personally am burned out on ‘authorities’ 

What wrestling podcasts does everyone listen to? I like Wade Keller  and Cornette’s.

I find myself agreeing with Cornette more often then not. He does go over board with things but his general points are pretty good. And he’s hilarious.

The one thing I have come around to is about Omega. NJPW Omega is amazing, AEW Omega is bad, very bad.  I rewatch some Omega NJPW matches and it’s different. Matches, personality , all of it.

8 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What wrestling podcasts does everyone listen to? I like Wade Keller  and Cornette’s.

I find myself agreeing with Cornette more often then not. He does go over board with things but his general points are pretty good. And he’s hilarious.

The one thing I have come around to is about Omega. NJPW Omega is amazing, AEW Omega is bad, very bad.  I rewatch some Omega NJPW matches and it’s different. Matches, personality , all of it.

usually just Meltzer, Alvarez and Jericho when ever he does one. I have not listened to the  AEW podcast yet

On 4/12/2020 at 3:54 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

I listen to Talk is Jericho, Steve Austin Show, and I'll listen to WrestlingINC for post Raw/SD podcasts because I think Matt Morgan shoots pretty straight (Doesn't hate on WWE just to hate on WWE). And if Joe Rogan ever has a wrestler on, I'm listening. I would love to see the Hulkster or Taker or SC go on Rogan.

Edited by Jeezla

32 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Watching the Monday Night Wars series on the network, they are all really good.

Yes, they were fun to watch. I think it's cultaholic, maybe, that is doing a similar version but earlier, called war stories. Much shorter, 15 min stories about moves each promoter took in the early 90s to lead up to the monday night wars. 

I think Alvarez is my favorite internet wrestling personality. Guess that probably shows you where my  interests lie in wrestling. This is the only time in my life I'll say anything close to agreeing with Cornette, but fundamentally, I want moves to mean more in wrestling than they do. That's all I can agree with Cornette about. I get his shtick but life is hard enough without listening to massive negativity about literally everything. Even his compliments are backhanded. 

I think Alvarez, at least in my opinion here obviously, does a pretty good job of calling things out that should be without calling for people to kill themselves or giving ****ty nicknames.

Meltzer is obviously knowledgeable but he sounds so lethargic and confused sometimes that he doesn't do it for me much. 

I've only listened to one Edge and Christan podcast, the one with Will Ospreay. It was really great, if ya'll haven't given them a go, it was good. They talk about hockey and things as well.

But I am a sucker for something to wrestle with. Can't help myself. 

Edited by Troy Brown

On 4/12/2020 at 12:51 PM, djw4bucs said:

usually just Meltzer, Alvarez and Jericho when ever he does one. I have not listened to the  AEW podcast yet

AEW podcast is mostly good because it's very straight forward. No advertising. But I think all the episodes are a few months old at this point because I think they recorded them in December?? Or early January. It's mostly all about how great AEW is, though, so for someone like me who has been to starrcast unfortunately, I've heard a lot of the stories and pandering already. 

49 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Anybody real pay attention to the HOF stuff? Is there a reason why Kane isn’t in? Especially when guys like Batista and JBL were supposed to go in this year.

He will be in it soon enough, same with the big show, they still occasionally show up so i guess they are waiting until a full retirement from both of them.

Damn today's been a massacre as far as releases.

• Kurt Angle
  • Drake Maverick
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Karl Anderson
  • Luke Gallows
  • Heath Slader
  • Eric Young
  • EC3
  • Aiden English
  • Lio Rush
  • Billy Kidman
  • Mike Rotunda