Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 18 - TACO BOWL XVIII POSTED!)

1 hour ago, pwny said:

SMH. Just want to point out that Juszczyk has 21 pancakes, no one else in the conference has more than 18. He has 139 yards, no one else in the conference has more than 120.

If any other FB gets in for Cheesy, the voters are all a joke.

You are nitpicking and biased. I win. Bye bye.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pwny said:

SMH. Just want to point out that Juszczyk has 21 pancakes, no one else in the conference has more than 18. He has 139 yards, no one else in the conference has more than 120.

If any other FB gets in for Cheesy, the voters are all a joke.

Patrick DiMarco has double his touchdown production for the season.

Checkmate.

@TheKillerNacho I have a quick question about the Sim. How exactly do the ratings or whatever for the individual players work? Obviously there's some RNG involved, but I just wanted to know if it was more so sort of subjective attributes like in Madden or based on the box score results. If it's based on stats, is it based on like an average of a couple seasons or something? Obviously I'm not looking for the exact details, just kind of would like to know one way or the other (stats vs. "Madden ratings" or whatnot). 

Also, I just wanted to thank you for putting together this league all the time. I'm sure it takes a lot of work, and even though I'm not personally involved, it's still entertaining and probably one of the threads I look at the most just to keep following along with the league. 

And good luck to the remaining teams this season.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

@TheKillerNacho I have a quick question about the Sim. How exactly do the ratings or whatever for the individual players work? Obviously there's some RNG involved, but I just wanted to know if it was more so sort of subjective attributes like in Madden or based on the box score results. If it's based on stats, is it based on like an average of a couple seasons or something? Obviously I'm not looking for the exact details, just kind of would like to know one way or the other (stats vs. "Madden ratings" or whatnot). 

Also, I just wanted to thank you for putting together this league all the time. I'm sure it takes a lot of work, and even though I'm not personally involved, it's still entertaining and probably one of the threads I look at the most just to keep following along with the league. 

And good luck to the remaining teams this season.

The attributes are assigned using an algorithm I wrote that merges different data sets extracted from (at present four; there was previously more but some have disappeared and some have become expensive) advanced analytic websites. Attributes are based on the last three seasons, with the most recent season weighing more and the oldest season being weighted less. Additionally, players are debuffed for missing games (or whole seasons) due to injury (or just not being on a team).  Sometimes I will make some manual tweaks if something looks really weird to me but not usually.

The exception to this is rookies: Each rookie has their attributes somewhat subjectively created using scouting reports and raw physical attributes collected from the combine.

Thanks for your kind words~!

• Like 2