Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 18 - TACO BOWL XVIII POSTED!)

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Ruskie probably has a rookie he wants to fall to him somewhere and is now worried that they will get drafted early. Trying to influence the draft and keep his guy there.

tenor.gif?itemid=9198893

Could be we are just seeing a league-wide adjustment like you mentioned earlier with Mahomes and Goff normally going later (and paying off).

14 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Could be we are just seeing a league-wide adjustment like you mentioned earlier with Mahomes and Goff normally going later (and paying off).

I think most of it is that in any given season, there's really only 10 teams with the keepers and draft slots available that they could feasibly draft and put together a team capable of making a real run at the title. Historically, the other 10 have typically tried their best in any given season, and then just maybe sat a few guys to save tags after the season ended. Last season, we finally saw those teams do what is best for their long term viability and sold off non-keepers at a very high rate, exchanging them for draft picks. Now we're seeing those same teams target rookies who may be helpful to them in a couple of seasons, rather than trying to get guys to help in the here and now, when they're still not ready to compete.

They're effectively trying for the three season rebuild that glen and I did that got us to the title games in S15 and S16.

14 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This is why I traded for Josh Allen

Give the man a halfway decent season and he will have more value than what I paid..

Considering Darnold was drafted in the 1st, it’s clear that the teams lacking great QBs are upping the value of spec QBs

Just now, Tk3 said:

This is why I traded for Josh Allen

Give the man a halfway decent season and he will have more value than what I paid..

Considering Darnold was drafted in the 1st, it’s clear that the teams lacking great QBs are upping the value of spec QBs

Why do you like QB's that can't throw? Reported. 

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

So ravens wouldn’t trade me Melvin for a 7th. 

Now he lost him for free. I get that strategy of I’ll probably re draft him.. But Breh. At the end of the day. Make that move playboi. 

@ravens5520 hook ya boi up bro. A man has to pay with blood now. 

Yeah, I treat any player I don’t keep as being lost..

The only way to ensure you keep him is to overdraft him, at which point you should overpay for the tags to keep him

Any player you don’t plan to tag should be traded if an offer is there, even if it feel like an undervalue 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

I now have the best C and the best G in the NFL. Excited to see how my OL still plays like trash this season.

For sure. With no run game your pass settings gonna get your QB killed playboi. Let’s not forget I handled you and gstrings behind easily last year playboi. 

Edited by El ramster

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Damn. Roquan Smith was on my shortlist too.

I honestly thought about trading up into the 1st for him, but couldn’t justify it on a non-EDGE linebacker (especially after spending so much on Leonard last year)

But it’s odd to me that elite rookies went top 10, while an elite sophomore with a year of elite performance under his belt went around pick 50

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Damn. Roquan Smith was on my shortlist too.

Agreed. High pick great IRL stats and super athletic. Shocked we wasn’t kept but I can see why. LBs are easily replaceable and they’re all more then serviceable. 

24 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Only rookie I wanted was Josh Allen..

I was confused as to why yung would chose Joshua Allen! 

A man simply does not exist. 

Because I stupidly tied portrait to player name, each player requires a unique name in the sim. Otherwise LB Josh Allen would look like QB Josh Allen. Which is why sometimes a player name includes their middle initial, why Steve Smith (Panthers) was called "Stevonne Smith", etc.

Although I do try to keep the name actually true. Josh Allen (both of them)'s first name is actually Joshua. And well, the QB got the name first. If/when Josh Allen's career is over and he's out of the league, I'll probably give it to the LB Josh Allen.

• Like 2