OTA's/Minicamp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

50 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I was thinking maybe we can get a conditional 7th round pick for him?

This might actually be possible. 1) All trades are pending physicals, so a team would take on zero initial risk. 2) If the condition is something like "must be active for 75% of games", then that's zero long-term risk because the team will never need to worry about losing a pick. Instead, they will get 8 games of above average play for a relatively modest amount. 

Definitely don't see us cutting Ward and that would make no sense at all. He's only here for one more season and he's still a better player than Colbert. If Moore balls out, that would be great for the future though. May end up being THE guy at FS and that would eliminate one of her our biggest needs heading into next offseason. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely don't see us cutting Ward and that would make no sense at all. He's only here for one more season and he's still a better player than Colbert. If Moore balls out, that would be great for the future though. May end up being THE guy at FS and that would eliminate one of her our biggest needs heading into next offseason. 

yeah, that would be dumb to cut ward. His contract is already fully guaranteed. Would be better to restructure, convert his salary to a signing bonus (making him very cheap for the next team), then trade him for some late round pick like a 5/6 conditional 

I am really hoping Moore becomes a viable starter, because he was a very high third round pick. I will be pretty disappointed if he doesn't pan out for that reason alone.  

56 minutes ago, N4L said:

I am really hoping Moore becomes a viable starter, because he was a very high third round pick. 

He was a very low 3rd round pick. 2nd to last before compensatory picks. But otherwise, yeah- because he was a 3rd round pick, it would be phenomenal to see him win a starting job. 

I know there were talks that Spoon and Verrett were going to compete for the RCB spot, but I think the ankle injury quiets all that noise down. In fact, even if he didn't get injured, it seems like Spoon is having a great camp and was going to win the competition regardless.

The injury bug CANNOT hit us at DE with Ford or Bosa. The defense is relying heavily on those two wrecking havoc. Without those two, it will be the more of same from last season.

4 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

He was a very low 3rd round pick. 2nd to last before compensatory picks. But otherwise, yeah- because he was a 3rd round pick, it would be phenomenal to see him win a starting job. 

Fair enough. That is still high draft capital in the grand scheme of things 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Forge said:

I would say it's the receivers, tbh, but I get your point. 

The receivers are tied into the Jimmy G part. If he's legit than I don't see us having any wr issues. We already have a beast at TE and we know Goodwin has a connection with Jimmy. Also Pettis is legit and showed enough flash last yr with the backup QB to not worry. That leaves the rookie wr...not worried about Deebo if he can stay healthy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

The receivers are tied into the Jimmy G part. If he's legit than I don't see us having any wr issues. We already have a beast at TE and we know Goodwin has a connection with Jimmy. Also Pettis is legit and showed enough flash last yr with the backup QB to not worry. That leaves the rookie wr...not worried about Deebo if he can stay healthy. 

Pettis is legit already? :)