Bears trade for Eddy Piniero

beardown3231

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Someone here was massively high on this guy coming out...Shane?

You are correct, sir. Though I want to be clear I wanted him in a 7th round or late 6th, not drafting him in a middle round at all. 

I believe I even mocked trading for him in an earlier mock. Better lucky than good I guess. Lol

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I think more were high on Zane Gonzalez. That was a weird year for kickers. Carlson from MIN to OAK, Gonzalez from CLE to ARI... now pineiro....

More were definitely high on Gonzalez (and I was a fan too), I just was really big on Pineiro. 

14 minutes ago, soulman said:

Kid has a big leg that's for sure.  Could we possibly have stolen yet another Pro Bowler from Oakland?

This is the exact thing that keeps going through my head! I can't believe a trade for a kicker, using a 2021 7th rounder no less, is what is keeping me awake right now. Lmao. 

• Like 1

Ranking Pineiro’s accuracy against the other kicking candidates from this draft and he’s right at the top having played in the most hostile environments in the SEC, plus ++ leg strength? It’s like we drafted this year’s best kicking prospect. Fantastic move. Best case - he becomes what OAK thought he was going to be before he got hurt last year. Worst case - he gets beat out by one of the other guys and this look see costs us NOTHING. 

The only people upset about this are those on the Gould or Bust train. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this kid can handle the kicking duties, but worse case scenario is we gave away nothing in a future draft (not even next's year's 7th) for him.  The part I like is the Raiders were so high on him that they gave up and away on Seabass, possibly their teams greatest field goal kicker.  

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet, but if he’s not on the active roster for five games then Oakland does not get the draft pick.  So if he’s good and sticks around, it costs virtually nothing.  If he’s not any good, it costs literally nothing.

• Like 1

The 2 years before Pinero was at Florida they were a train wreck kicking the ball, not unlike the Bears, I think they were hitting like 50% of their FGs. Over the next 2 years he went 38/45 and he can obviously crush the ball.

Keep them coming.

The real waste was the fact that for the last 2 years of Fox, after Robbie was cut, the Bears had useless veteran kickers when they were not going to be any good instead of doing this process then and finding a young cheap guy who could kick.

This search should have been done in 2016 instead of using Conner Barth.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ranking Pineiro’s accuracy against the other kicking candidates from this draft and he’s right at the top having played in the most hostile environments in the SEC, plus ++ leg strength? It’s like we drafted this year’s best kicking prospect. Fantastic move. Best case - he becomes what OAK thought he was going to be before he got hurt last year. Worst case - he gets beat out by one of the other guys and this look see costs us NOTHING. 

The only people upset about this are those on the Gould or Bust train. 

What never ceases to amaze me is the aces Pace somehow keeps hidden up his sleeve.

Who among us or Bears fans in general even had a hunch this kid might be available period let alone for that little in draft booty.

Let's hope the kid's groin injury isn't an ongoing problem.