2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

I disagree with the total rebuild thing. You just can't rebuild ever year. We are a very young team that has some good talent but have been bitten by the injury bug. I like the way this team looks we just need to get healthy. If we had one or 2 good OL guys we would be right in the middle of the playoff hunt. If the jets win 2 or 3 games in a row you will see all the post saying "I knew we where not that bad. We have something here to build off." We are not as bad as the Browns, Miami, Pitt, and a few others. We lost out 2 top QB any team would take a beating after that. Then you add the lose of not 1 but 2 MLB who are the heart and sole of the team. You lose Williams than Mosley. This is the NFL and things can change fast. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree with the total rebuild thing. You just can't rebuild ever year. We are a very young team that has some good talent but have been bitten by the injury bug. I like the way this team looks we just need to get healthy. If we had one or 2 good OL guys we would be right in the middle of the playoff hunt. If the jets win 2 or 3 games in a row you will see all the post saying "I knew we where not that bad. We have something here to build off." We are not as bad as the Browns, Miami, Pitt, and a few others. We lost out 2 top QB any team would take a beating after that. Then you add the lose of not 1 but 2 MLB who are the heart and sole of the team. You lose Williams than Mosley. This is the NFL and things can change fast. 

Couldn't disagree more. Go through our roster and show me whos worth keeping around. You will find out its not very many. IMO... On offense you're looking at Darnold, Bell, Herndon (who still has to prove more), Crowder and maybe Robby. That's 1/3 of the offense. On defense you're looking at Q, Mosley, Adams and Maye and (maybe Jenkins... who also has to prove more). Again about 1/3 of the defense. Meaning we need 2/3 of our roster upgraded.

This franchise has just drafted awful and actually hasn't traded or signed much in FA to help us long term. Bell's talents are being wasted and Mosley has barely played.

Our hope and only hope is that Douglas can fix this in a couple drafts and off-season's. Time will tell.

If you want to do the keepers/long term players

QB: Darnold
RB: Bell (even though I'd trade him for a 2nd)
WR: Crowder, Anderson (even though I'd trade him for the right price)
TE: Herndon, Wesco 
OL: Edoga, Lewis (maybe have to see the rest of the year play out)

DL: Q and those decent young depth guys (Fatukasi, Phillips, Shepard, etc. since they are all cheap)
LB: Mosley/Cashman (again good depth with Hewitt)
OLB: Jenkins (depth is ok Bashum, Copeland but lack starter opposite Jenkins)
CB: Poole (Hairston looks like good depth #2 at best)
S: Maye, Adams

Right now could use at minimum starters at CB, LT, C, RG, OLB, WR.  With possible upgrades needed at #2CB, LG, WR depth, and maybe RT.  That's a lot for 1 off season even with 100M.  That's why adding picks for Leo, H. Anderson, Beachum, Shell, Bell and Robby (if the price is right) would go a long way.  It's not a rebuild but a retooling.  Relocated some money and assets to key areas and fill in the rest with mid tier FA's while also trading down in round 1/2 to add more picks.       

11 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy if you have the choice between the two?

That’s tough. Depends on what we do in FA. If I could only choose one right now it’s Thomas. I think Darnold is good enough that if he’s protected he can make it work with a decent skill group.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy if you have the choice between the two?

As it stands now, give me Thomas. The difference between a good/great OL is felt more impact-fully than that of a WR IMO. Obviously will depend on what we do in free agency though.  

Edited by NJC33
  • Like 1

We don't need to blow up the roster, we just need to build around the core guys we have now. 

As of right now, I think we're going to end up with a good LT in the draft. Like I mentioned before, I'm not getting my hopes up for us to get Thomas, but Wirfs, Jackson, and others look good to me. I'm good with no matter what our record ends with. If we suck, JD will have more to work with and will probably force some changes on the coaching staff. If we go on a good win streak, we have hope for next year and Gase would prove me wrong.