2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

Yeah, that's why Thomas is my #1. He's fun to watch. I'm still trying to not get my hopes up for him if we don't pick in the top 3. 

So I'm focusing more on Wirfs right now. Even with the OT depth of this draft class, I'm a little scared to assume we can grab one in the second round. All the other positions, I'm fine with but we may have a shot at getting our version of Trent Williams or Tyron Smith this year. 

12 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

If Tua, Burrows or Herbert grade our highly, is it out of the realm of possibility that we pull a Kyler Murray and give up on Sam. Not sure I’m there yet, but just throwing it out there for everyone’s opinion. 

If we can trade down a few and still get Thomas that would be ideal.  

• Like 1

You better believe if we have the first pick it will be the story of the offseason. 

I’d trade out and tell Sam to try his best to pretend like 2019 just didn’t happen and regroup under a new coaching staff and a draft with every single last pick spent on OL/WR.. maybe an edge in there if it works out right 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

You better believe if we have the first pick it will be the story of the offseason. 

I’d trade out and tell Sam to try his best to pretend like 2019 just didn’t happen and regroup under a new coaching staff and a draft with every single last pick spent on OL/WR.. maybe an edge in there if it works out right 

This. 

I know Sam looks sloppy but I'd rather wait to see what he does under a new coach.

10 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I’m not against taking Tua

I am. You aren't giving up on a 22 yr old you took 3rd overall and traded a bunch for. Especially when he has literally had NO CHANCE to succeed this season. If you try arguing that any of these other young QBs would be doing great with the Jets right now, you are wrong. All of them, even Lamar Jackson would be struggling with this team. We have NO OL AT ALL.

I want the sexy pick Chase Young. But TBH we need Andrew Thomas to complete this overhaul on the OL. Thomas will help Darnold and the run game.  I think that Thomas is the man we desperately need to land, we need that franchise elite LT for the next decade to protect Darnold. And then utilize other assets to overhaul the rest of the OL. 

WIthout building a OL Darnold is doomed to fail. He is far from a lost cause, hes completing 70% of his passes despite getting hit constantly. If he had what other young QBs have, he would be doing big things right now. We are just extremely bad at OL, EDGE, CB, and we could use some WRs. 

Part of why Anderson can't get going deep is cause our OL can't block long enough. And Bell is constantly getting hit in the back field.

So PLEASE land Andrew Thomas. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

If that happened, If we traded down a few spots for a team to get a QB and we add another 2nd rounder or what not, then still land Andrew Thomas. That would be a dream. 

• Like 1