NFL Lead Investigator Recommended No Suspension For Elliot

Broncofan

We're going to have to see the details, but as I understand it:

-Elliott destroyed his cellphone.  That was a moron move, Brady's suspension was due to that as a huge component.

-No criminal charges were laid, unless there is new info, it's he-said / she-said.

-Zeke's St. Patty's Day incident and pics with a weed shop in SEA don't help him, but it's hard to see how those would up the ante this much.

There has to be some other info I'm missing - I don't see how you can go 6 games with the above info alone.   Guess we'll find out soon enough.   There's a window to appeal in the next 3 days, and then 10 days for the hearing to be held.  There likely won't be a court appeal given Brady precedent.  So I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks how long it actually will be, but it's hard to see any reduction more than down to 4 weeks.  Which is a huge blow for the Cowboys.  Man.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I thought that all these were at the current point in time were allegations? Has something concrete been found? 

After reviewing the totality of the evidence, the City Attorney's Office, Prosecutor Division is declining to approve criminal charges in this matter for any of the (five) alleged incidents. This is primarily due to conflicting and inconsistent information across all incidents resulting in concern regarding the sufficiency of evidence to support the filing of criminal charges.

She also alleged previous counts of domestic violence but did not report them. The woman did not file charges in Florida after police were unable to arrest Elliott because of conflicting stories and a lack of evidence.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Oh my. I haven't been following the situation that much and admit I am out of the loop. But from what I have heard from posters and general fans is he shouldn't be suspended whatsoever. Can someone give me the quick lowdown?

goodell.jpg

In a nutshell

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Oh my. I haven't been following the situation that much and admit I am out of the loop. But from what I have heard from posters and general fans is he shouldn't be suspended whatsoever. Can someone give me the quick lowdown?

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Literally all the NFL had to do a few years ago was set a precedent by choosing to defer to the courts. They could've easily deflected any criticisms from fans about playing alleged perpeturators towards the court system.

2 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

goodell.jpg

In a nutshell

LOL

For the full rundown, ESPN's piece isn't bad - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20302469/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-suspended-six-games

Archived