49ers Cut thread, scrap signings, final 53 discussion

Forge

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Matt Jones was let go in Washington. Has had some minor success in the NFL, was in the doghouse there though. I think he suffers from the same fumbling issue as Williams, unfortunately, so not sure that would be a fit. 

Hard pass. Has the physical skills, but he runs high, fumbles, and has a **** personality and was said to have not been the best guy in the locker room. I'd rather us bring Bibbs or hightower back. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Matt Jones was let go in Washington. Has had some minor success in the NFL, was in the doghouse there though. I think he suffers from the same fumbling issue as Williams, unfortunately, so not sure that would be a fit. 

Scotty Mac loves him, saying he got a raw deal there, FWIW.

49ers Cut Roster Down to 53 Players

Posted 1 minute ago

49ers StaffTwitter Facebook

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Saturday that they have released 13 players. The team also placed wide receiver Aaron Burbridge, guard Joshua Garnett, defensive lineman Chris Jones, defensive back Don Jones and running back Joe Williams on the Injured Reserve List.

The following players have been released:

Pos.          Name                               

NT            Quinton Dial

CB            Asa Jackson

WR           Jeremy Kerley

DL            Sen’Derrick Marks

The following players have been waived:

Pos.          Name                              

TE            Blake Bell

LB            Austin Calitro

WR           DeAndre Carter

OL            JP Flynn

TE            Cole Hikutini

QB           Nick Mullens

DL            Noble Nwachukwu

WR           DeAndre Smelter

OL            Darrell Williams Jr.

The 49ers roster now stands at 53 players.

We went full no Cleveland Browns rebuild in keeping all the draft picks and that many udfas. The Browns did very similar last year. A little surprised that Marks didn't make it. Lynch holds on. 

FWIW, some people were also moved to IR. Chris Jones and Burbridge and Garnett to season ending IR> 

Archived