49ers Cut thread, scrap signings, final 53 discussion

Forge

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Whoa, did not expect this. Watched a few Seahawks games and he fared well. Definitely a guy I want Shanny and the crew to go after. 

He would be my main focus if I was making decisions for the Niners. Already understands the scheme somewhat learning what the Seahawks do defensively and was thought of very well by the Seahawk fans I believe. I thought they were trying to trade Lane and Brock because they really like both Desir and Griffin

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Whoa, did not expect this. Watched a few Seahawks games and he fared well. Definitely a guy I want Shanny and the crew to go after. 

He was also a draft crush for a lot of people. Given that we run a similar scheme, we should definitely look at adding him. 

Curious that they cut Desir and traded Brock. 

39 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah I never got that. People were always quick to feel bad for Kelly because of our lack of talent, yet Jimmy won 5 games with less talent but he didn't get a pass. I wish we had never promoted him to HC, by doing so we lost one of the leagues best D-Line coaches. 

The irony of ironies. We lost him as D-line coach because we didn't want to lose him as D line coach. Remember that if the rumors were true, we were set to give Gase the gig - on the condition that he kept Tomsula on the staff. Gase balked, so we were left with little other choice than giving the job to Tomsula. 

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Reaser makes the team for now then? But wouldn't be surprised we look elsewhere at the waiver wire tomorrow.

God, I really hope not. He was terrilble. Not that Jackson was better. That whole cornerback situation is a mess. Hope we bring in Desir. 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Please please please make this happen, Lynch. Big time draft crush for me and a good chance to start here.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The irony of ironies. We lost him as D-line coach because we didn't want to lose him as D line coach. Remember that if the rumors were true, we were set to give Gase the gig - on the condition that he kept Tomsula on the staff. Gase balked, so we were left with little other choice than giving the job to Tomsula. 

I thought it was Gase had to keep Tomsula on as the Defensive coordinator. I think if they just asked that they kept him on as the D-Line coach it may have been a different story, or even if they had said nothing Gase may have kept him on. I'm sure Baalke telling Gase how to construct his staff was a big red flag for him. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Supposedly, he's been really, really bad since going there. He was regressing for us the final two years he was here, so I can only imagine. Don't think that we are likely to bring him back - if I remember, didn't he say some pretty unflattering things on his way out the door? 

Archived