49ers Cut thread, scrap signings, final 53 discussion

Forge

17 minutes ago, jwalter_81 said:

The waiver period for the weekend ends at 12:00 PM EST on Sunday, Sept. 3

so we could theoretically put Blair on IR first thing tomorrow, and replace him with a waiver player it sounds like.

15 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

As much as I want us to be active in the waiver period I'd be surprised if we sign a single guy cut earlier today to our active roster. 

I wouldn't be too sure of that, talent wise we are still bottom five in the NFL and have two big concerns on our depth chart in our OL and CB. We also kept 5 UDFAs if I count right, guys that could possibly be snuck onto the PS a day after the big scuffle of players happens.

On 9/1/2017 at 2:52 PM, Fureys49ers said:

I didn't know this but apparently Redmond had only 7 games logged in college, which added on to his torn ACL coming into the draft is pretty crazy that Baalke used the 68th overall pick on him. If we somehow are far worse than last year, the fact that Baalke is no longer calling the shots is relief enough for me.

Baalke ... just bad at the draft!

35 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I wouldn't be too sure of that, talent wise we are still bottom five in the NFL and have two big concerns on our depth chart in our OL and CB. We also kept 5 UDFAs if I count right, guys that could possibly be snuck onto the PS a day after the big scuffle of players happens.

I dont think we're bottom 5 team talent wise unless QB is weighed more than other positions. Theres been a lot of turnover since last season and this team looks much better almost across the board. I still want us to add a guy I'm just not expecting it because unless its a single addition since we have waiver priority and all. Theres a lot of interesting names out there: Sean Spence, Marquez White, Pierre Desir, Connor Harris, Cobi Hamilton (pretty surprising one), Matt Jones

5 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Would not be surprised if Joe Williams never plays a down for us to be honest. He wasn't really remarkable in the preseason other than some brief flashes. Was beat out by Breida. Wasn't on the big board to begin with. Had fumbling problems before and kept them in the NFL. 

And Lynch may never listen to Shanny again :D

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I like that they are willing to admit mistakes and reward the guys who are playing best, regardless of how we got them. We just gave kerley what, 3mil guaranteed? Not an easy decision to just give that up, even if it is a sunk cost

Not surprised after watching Bourne and Bolden in preseason.  This particular season Kerley might have more to offer because of his experience.  But in re-building move I think this was a no-brainer once the two of them played well in pre season.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How sad is it that Kerley was our best WR last season and isn't even top 5 this year? Smh, our offensive weapons were so so so bad last season. Chip Kelly deserved better.

He might still have been one of the best 5, but we're not building a team for this season.  It's a build-for-the-future approach.,

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hopefully he makes the PS. Intriguing player. Would have kept him over Gilliam tbh.

Me too.  Same reason I just discussed about Kerley.  But I think he's shown less than Bourne or Boldin. So maybe we can safely put him on the PS.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hopefully he makes the PS. Intriguing player. Would have kept him over Gilliam tbh.

Me too.  Same reason I just discussed about Kerley.  But I think he's shown less than Bourne or Boldin. So maybe we can safely put him on the PS.

Dujuan Harris, Mike Davis, Christian Ponder, Fahn Cooper, Andrew Tiller, kelvin taylor, glenn dorsey, chris davis, ja'ron hamm, mike purcell, shane skov, chris harper ... those are all guys that were on our roster last year that can't make a team this year.  There were a few other I know who came and went so fast that I can't remember them, plus there might be a few more names to add between now and game 1.  

What a disaster Baalke was as a GM.

Still crazy to me some people couldn't see how obvious it was to keep Harbaugh over Baalke. Including our owner. Doesn't matter if he favored Roman or some diva players got tired with his coaching methods. Hope it's easier for those same detractors to see why Harbs apparently wanted more roster control. Baalke was such a cancer.

Williams cleared waivers and made the PS. Thank goodness. I think by next year he will have a legit shot at winning the swing tackle spot and possibly even start in a few years. 

Interesting, but not sure what he gives that our current WRs don't? I see the Seahawks released Kasen Williams. If we go after a WR, I want to go after him. Looked impressive in preseason. 

Archived