Witherspoon - 23 

Pita - 55

DJ Jones - 93

Cooper - 96

Tomlinson - 75

Bolden, Jr - 17

Bourne - 10

Breida - 22

Kind of disappointed they're gonna let Watson wear with BY's old number. Nobody has worn '97' since he retired so I thought it was this understanding among the powers that be that it was off limits but apparently not. Just a number I know but I thought they SHOULD have retired it already. 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Carrier nfl carries:

Carlos Hyde 415

Juice check 7

Raheem Mostert 1

Matt Breida 0

Looks like a Baalke roster ... except of course Breida and Mostert have talent and upside while Harris and Davis will be sitting at home watching the NFL on TV this year.

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

Looks like a Baalke roster ... except of course Breida and Mostert have talent and upside while Harris and Davis will be sitting at home watching the NFL on TV this year.

Davis was pretty awful, but truthfully, never minded Harris all that much. Thought he performed really well given the circumstances he was in. Just couldn't stop putting the ball on the turf, which is a major issue for coaches. 

8 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

That's kinda cool, even though a bit disappointing that we had a place for both DeAndre's but none for Calitro.

Yeah. Obviously, they just didn't like what they saw from Calitro, though I thought that he played very well, particularly given the lateness with which he arrived to the team. 

@Forge I agree with you, I thought Calitro played well. I wish we had kept him over Coyle personally, but based on the fact we didn't even sign him to our PS that clearly wasn't in the cards. I hope Boulware can impress the staff enough to eventually supplant Coyle on the 53. In case you were wondering, I was not impressed with the little bit I saw of Brock Coyle in the preseason. 

Boulware is a great PS addition, I'd bet he had a number of teams who were interested in having him fit there. Calitro was okay he made some good plays but also had a fair amount of blunders. Maybe we get lucky and Boulware turns into a AJ Klein type guy for us. He doesn't have pressure to produce right now but if he can get his body in better shape watching 53 and 56 he might be able to work on his athleticism. 

10 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

That's kinda cool, even though a bit disappointing that we had a place for both DeAndre's but none for Calitro.

FWIW I really liked Bullware in college.  Wasn't sure he had the physical tools to be very successful in the NFL but liked his toughness and his instincts. I could see him fighting for a backup spot by next season if he develops a bit more.

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah. Obviously, they just didn't like what they saw from Calitro, though I thought that he played very well, particularly given the lateness with which he arrived to the team. 

Is it really that we didn't offer Calitro a contract? Or did Calitro simply accept a better offer from Seattle instead? That's how it works, isn't it? These waived players, when unclaimed, can then sign onto any team's PS. He chose the Seahawks', but do we know whether we made him an offer or not? I liked him too, and I wish he'd stuck around. But if Seattle's offer was slightly more generous, I wouldn't hold it against him for taking it. In all likelihood, he's not going to have a very lucrative NFL career, so if the difference in offers was even just 10k, it just makes sense to take it. 

Just now, rudyZ said:

Is it really that we didn't offer Calitro a contract? Or did Calitro simply accept a better offer from Seattle instead? That's how it works, isn't it? These waived players, when unclaimed, can then sign onto any team's PS. He chose the Seahawks', but do we know whether we made him an offer or not? I liked him too, and I wish he'd stuck around. But if Seattle's offer was slightly more generous, I wouldn't hold it against him for taking it. In all likelihood, he's not going to have a very lucrative NFL career, so if the difference in offers was even just 10k, it just makes sense to take it. 

I hadn't heard that we were even interested in bringing him to the PS. Doesn't mean we weren't, or as you said that we didn't offer him something and we were just beat, but I hadn't heard anything. 

We are working out Leon Hall again, we did in May as well. Not super surprised we are looking to get some CB help but I'm thinking it would have been much more helpful to have brought him in in May when he could get some time learning the scheme and everything. Interesting timing now.

Archived