2019 West Finals | (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers (GSW wins 4-0)

beekay414

Who Represents the West in the 2019 NBA Finals?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who Represents the West in the 2019 NBA Finals?

• (2) Denver Nuggets
    • (1) Golden State Warriors
    • (3) Portland Trail Blazers

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I remember seeing a picture of him and LeBron after working out in the summer a few years back and KD was a good three inches taller than him lol. He really may be 7 feet. 

Honestly, Portland is trapping Curry and letting Green play make. But from down town? Green has been ICE cold all postseason. Dude is shooting like 13% from down town in the playoffs. And Iggy hasn't really hit any shots this series either. That's still the best strategy to let those two shoot. 

But Green isn't shooting. He's penetrating and then making the right decision on whether to dish or attack the rim. He's playing very aggressively and forcing the action.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

But Green isn't shooting. He's penetrating and then making the right decision on whether to dish or attack the rim. He's playing very aggressively and forcing the action.

Right, but that's because they are trapping Curry. Milwaukee likely won't do that. Green isn't having a free lane to the rim. They will make him hit shots while playing him close enough where it won't be that easy to get to the rim. Durant is going to have to carry the offense in long stretches when the Bucks length starts to bother the rest of the squad. Of course I'm interesting in seeing how they defend Curry.

I'm guessing Bucks go with Bledsoe/Brogdan/Middleton/Giannis/Lopez and put Mirotic back on the bench. Bledsoe on Curry, Brogdan on Thomspon, Middleton on KD, Giannis on Green and then Lopez on whatever big that starts. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, but that's because they are trapping Curry. Milwaukee likely won't do that. Green isn't having a free lane to the rim. They will make him hit shots while playing him close enough where it won't be that easy to get to the rim. Durant is going to have to carry the offense in long stretches when the Bucks length starts to bother the rest of the squad. Of course I'm interesting in seeing how they defend Curry.

I'm guessing Bucks go with Bledsoe/Brogdan/Middleton/Giannis/Lopez and put Mirotic back on the bench. Bledsoe on Curry, Brogdan on Thomspon, Middleton on KD, Giannis on Green and then Lopez on whatever big that starts. 

Well, Lopez is going to be the problem. They'll try to involve him in the PnR with Curry. Even if the Bucks don't trap Green, if they sag off, it's going to give him space to attack. Even when Portland is putting bodies in front of him in this series, he's being aggressive. Now, Giannis can obviously blank him. But I imagine Giannis will end up switch onto other guys when GS runs its sets.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Well, Lopez is going to be the problem. They'll try to involve him in the PnR with Curry. Even if the Bucks don't trap Green, if they sag off, it's going to give him space to attack. Even when Portland is putting bodies in front of him in this series, he's being aggressive. Now, Giannis can obviously blank him. But I imagine Giannis will end up switch onto other guys when GS runs its sets.

That's why I'm interested in seeing how they play Curry. Lopez sags off and protects the rim. That has always been Bud's strategy. He will give up open looks from down town over protecting the rim every single time. It absolutely KILLED them against the Cavs a few years back but it did lead to the #1 defense in the league this year. Eventually they will go to Giannis at C in spurts IMO. That may end up being their best defensive line up. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's why I'm interested in seeing how they play Curry. Lopez sags off and protects the rim. That has always been Bud's strategy. He will give up open looks from down town over protecting the rim every single time. It absolutely KILLED them against the Cavs a few years back but it did lead to the #1 defense in the league this year. Eventually they will go to Giannis at C in spurts IMO. That may end up being their best defensive line up. 

I think they're going to have to go to Giannis at C when GSW runs the death lineup and embrace the Rockets' "switch and smother everything" gameplan. Curry absolutely torched Portland when they sagged off.

7 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Golden State will let KD walk, re-sign Cousins for a “relatively” cheap deal, and then add a couple of really nice scorers for that bench.

Cousins and Green frontcourt while Steph and Klay get to play like it’s 2013 again? Man...

No reason to bring back Cousins at all. That money would be much more useful elsewhere for this team. Re-signing Cousins would be stupid IMO, no matter what happens with Durant. They have other free agents to take care of first, and they can only sign Cousins to a deal starting at $6.0 million anyways, so Cousins would have to take another huge paycut to stay.

Re-sign Thompson and Kevon Looney for sure. Probably have to pick 1 of Quinn Cook or Jordan Bell to bring back unless their market is dry. Then use all other resources to add wing depth after losing Durant and Iggy and Livingston will each be another year older. If they are able to get Cam Johnson at #28 that would be a perfect fit.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

No reason to bring back Cousins at all. That money would be much more useful elsewhere for this team. Re-signing Cousins would be stupid IMO, no matter what happens with Durant. They have other free agents to take care of first, and they can only sign Cousins to a deal starting at $6.0 million anyways, so Cousins would have to take another huge paycut to stay.

Re-sign Thompson and Kevon Looney for sure. Probably have to pick 1 of Quinn Cook or Jordan Bell to bring back unless their market is dry. Then use all other resources to add wing depth after losing Durant and Iggy and Livingston will each be another year older. If they are able to get Cam Johnson at #28 that would be a perfect fit.

Looney might actually have a market this year w all the open money. Valuable role player 

23 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

What do you guys think of a healthy Porzingis/Cousins frontcourt?

That frontcourt would get killed defensively and I kinda have a hard time seeing Cousins being a positive player after all these injuries. Seems like a Mavs move though