2019 West Finals | (1) Golden State Warriors vs (3) Portland Trail Blazers (GSW wins 4-0)

beekay414

Who Represents the West in the 2019 NBA Finals?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who Represents the West in the 2019 NBA Finals?

• (2) Denver Nuggets
    • (1) Golden State Warriors
    • (3) Portland Trail Blazers

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I seriously don't get why you can't understand there's more to these guys lives than winning.  Winning was clearly not LeBron's one and only priority otherwise he wouldn't have went to the Lakers.

Kevin Durant has a network in New York and would have a television show in NYC.  If he goes to New York, he could go with Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving - which would make them a very good team.  He would be the best player on that championship contending team.  If went to the Knicks under that situation, he would have a chance to win more championships.

Those (and other reasons) are enough for him to go.  Are you that dense that you can't even acknowledge why he would at least be interested in all of those things?

I cant hear you on the TV show and that sort of thing, but come on he isnt going to go to New York to hope to team up with guys and win, when he has a proven thing in Golden State already.

Lebron went to LA because he thought they were going to be able to bring in more help for him. it was obvious he wanted to win by the way he tanked when the AD trade fell through. Lebron has a long history of leaving whenever hes used up the talent in one place, hes done it 3 times now. Not that I blame him, and I wouldnt blame Durant for doing the same thing, only Durants team isnt washed up. 

Plus I am not sure the numbers really add up to get Kyrie and AD both in New York with him. I believe Kyrie has a max around 35 million and Durant has a max around 40 million. So assuming they make the trade for AD first, his 27 million, prohibits the 80 million that Kyrie and Durant can make, once you add minimum cap holds, so the only thing to do is sign Kyrie and KD first, which means they have to come up with 22 million in salaries to send out, which means the Pelicans basically have to take almost everyone on the knicks roster. so its doable but its not very likely those two both land in New York with Durant, because another thing to remember......NO ONE HAS EVER WANTED TO PLAY IN NEW YORK.  

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I cant hear you on the TV show and that sort of thing, but come on he isnt going to go to New York to hope to team up with guys and win, when he has a proven thing in Golden State already.

Lebron went to LA because he thought they were going to be able to bring in more help for him. it was obvious he wanted to win by the way he tanked when the AD trade fell through. Lebron has a long history of leaving whenever hes used up the talent in one place, hes done it 3 times now. Not that I blame him, and I wouldnt blame Durant for doing the same thing, only Durants team isnt washed up. 

Plus I am not sure the numbers really add up to get Kyrie and AD both in New York with him. I believe Kyrie has a max around 35 million and Durant has a max around 40 million. So assuming they make the trade for AD first, his 27 million, prohibits the 80 million that Kyrie and Durant can make, once you add minimum cap holds, so the only thing to do is sign Kyrie and KD first, which means they have to come up with 22 million in salaries to send out, which means the Pelicans basically have to take almost everyone on the knicks roster. so its doable but its not very likely those two both land in New York with Durant, because another thing to remember......NO ONE HAS EVER WANTED TO PLAY IN NEW YORK.  

LeBron literally left a conference where he went to the Finals EIGHT STRAIGHT YEARS to join a team that has been the worst team in the league over the past 6-7 years. 

Dude.....

Just now, showtime said:

LeBron literally left a conference where he went to the Finals EIGHT STRAIGHT YEARS to join a team that has been the worst team in the league over the past 6-7 years. 

Dude.....

yeah, historically one of the top 2 franchises in NBA history with a roster full of top draft picks and enough cap space to bring in another super star. It wasn't like he was going to LA to die. He knew he wasn't winning another ECF. I am not sure the Cavs make it out of round 1 in the East this season with Lebron. Its not like he had very many options. There werent a bunch of teams with the cap space to sign him and super star ready rosters, he picked the best one to try and add to his legacy. 

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

yeah, historically one of the top 2 franchises in NBA history with a roster full of top draft picks and enough cap space to bring in another super star. It wasn't like he was going to LA to die. He knew he wasn't winning another ECF. I am not sure the Cavs make it out of round 1 in the East this season with Lebron. Its not like he had very many options. There werent a bunch of teams with the cap space to sign him and super star ready rosters, he picked the best one to try and add to his legacy. 

He went to Los Angeles with the knowledge the team was very bad.  Everything you're saying applies to Durant.  Durant would join the Knicks in hopes that they improve the roster.  The reports are that he will go there with Kyrie Irving, which implies they're talking and are planning a team up.

Speaking of Kyrie Irving, he literally just did this.  They won a championship in Cleveland, which is insane.  Then, they went to the Finals again.  He literally left the team because he wanted to be 'the man' on a contender.  He would rather be in a worse situation and be 'the man' than be on a team that went to the Finals every year......

Kobe and Shaq issues was partly because Kobe wanted to be 'the man' on a contender.

Like, this is literally important to these guys.  Kevin Durant probably wants to go to a team and have the team 'be his' and win a championship. 

Also, if LeBron actually wanted to win he would have picked the Rockets or 76ers, not the Lakers.  Just FYI.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

He went to Los Angeles with the knowledge the team was very bad.  Everything you're saying applies to Durant.  Durant would join the Knicks in hopes that they improve the roster.  The reports are that he will go there with Kyrie Irving, which implies they're talking and are planning a team up.

Speaking of Kyrie Irving, he literally just did this.  They won a championship in Cleveland, which is insane.  Then, they went to the Finals again.  He literally left the team because he wanted to be 'the man' on a contender.  He would rather be in a worse situation and be 'the man' than be on a team that went to the Finals every year......

Kobe and Shaq issues was partly because Kobe wanted to be 'the man' on a contender.

Like, this is literally important to these guys.  Kevin Durant probably wants to go to a team and have the team 'be his' and win a championship. 

Also, if LeBron actually wanted to win he would have picked the Rockets or 76ers, not the Lakers.  Just FYI.

The difference is Lebron left a bottom 5 roster for LA, Durant is on a top 5 all time roster

Kyrie was always living in Lebron's shadow, especially in the media, whereas Durant has always been praised as being better than Curry, and has the finals MVPs to back it up, so once again the example is extremely different. 

Shaq was aging and Kobe was hitting his prime, and once again people were saying Shaq was better, neither of those two apply to Durant. 

Durant has been the guy on his own team, he left that team to win, i really dont think he feels the need to prove himself. 

and on Lebron, the Rockets didnt have a realistic chance to sign him, the 76ers had been the laughing stock of the nba for years and had 1 good season with a pg that couldnt have played with Lebron and a star center who has 87 year old kness

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The difference is Lebron left a bottom 5 roster for LA, Durant is on a top 5 all time roster

Kyrie was always living in Lebron's shadow, especially in the media, whereas Durant has always been praised as being better than Curry, and has the finals MVPs to back it up, so once again the example is extremely different. 

Shaq was aging and Kobe was hitting his prime, and once again people were saying Shaq was better, neither of those two apply to Durant. 

Durant has been the guy on his own team, he left that team to win, i really dont think he feels the need to prove himself. 

and on Lebron, the Rockets didnt have a realistic chance to sign him, the 76ers had been the laughing stock of the nba for years and had 1 good season with a pg that couldnt have played with Lebron and a star center who has 87 year old kness

Okay, a couple things here. 

1.  The Warriors have an AMAZING record without Kevin Durant and are arguably playing their best ball of the season right now in the WCF without him.

2.  Regardless if Kevin Durant is the best player on the team, the Warriors are not 'his' team.  It's similar to when LeBron joined Miami.  He was clearly better than Wade, but Miami was Wade's team.  Wade won the Heat a title before LeBron got there and the city loves him.  He's their own.  Curry won a title before Durant got there.  The bay area loves Curry - he's their own.  Miami appreciates everything LeBron did for them, but they don't love him like they do Wade.  Same with the Warriors fans appreciating everything Durant has done, but they don't love him like they do Curry.

3.  You mentioned that Durant has been the man on his own team and he left to win.  Bro, LeBron literally did the same exact thing.  LeBron was the man in Cleveland when he was drafted.  They never won (got close, but never did) and he left to win.  Circumstances were a bit different because LeBron didn't join one of the best teams ever, but him joining (with Bosh) did make Miami the overwhelming favorites.

I'm not saying Durant 100% will leave, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did and I can see the reasons why he would leave.  I can also see why he would stay with the Warriors and I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed.  But you saying 97% chance he stays is ignoring other realistic possibilities.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Okay, a couple things here. 

1.  The Warriors have an AMAZING record without Kevin Durant and are arguably playing their best ball of the season right now in the WCF without him.

2.  Regardless if Kevin Durant is the best player on the team, the Warriors are not 'his' team.  It's similar to when LeBron joined Miami.  He was clearly better than Wade, but Miami was Wade's team.  Wade won the Heat a title before LeBron got there and the city loves him.  He's their own.  Curry won a title before Durant got there.  The bay area loves Curry - he's their own.  Miami appreciates everything LeBron did for them, but they don't love him like they do Wade.  Same with the Warriors fans appreciating everything Durant has done, but they don't love him like they do Curry.

3.  You mentioned that Durant has been the man on his own team and he left to win.  Bro, LeBron literally did the same exact thing.  LeBron was the man in Cleveland when he was drafted.  They never won (got close, but never did) and he left to win.  Circumstances were a bit different because LeBron didn't join one of the best teams ever, but him joining (with Bosh) did make Miami the overwhelming favorites.

I'm not saying Durant 100% will leave, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did and I can see the reasons why he would leave.  I can also see why he would stay with the Warriors and I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed.  But you saying 97% chance he stays is ignoring other realistic possibilities.

Lebron left Miami because they were devoid of talent. That’s not the case here. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

So they don't get drowned out by Lonestar's mass thread creation. Ha. LS how about not making so many threads in the first place 

He even pinned his own thread. C'mon dude

• Like 1